Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
DUH, it rained really hard last night so gas tanks flooded and allor of gas was spilled into the drains. it was a major catastrophe with cataclyismic effects to the gas companies bottom line so the price had to be raised. Thank god they did not see me over fill my tank and the half gallon spill out or it could go up to $3.50

lol

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I heard or read somewhere that in order for the gas prices to be over 3.00/gallon it has to be around 95.00/barrel. I think the highest it's been is 70! Looking for some ethenol gas stations!

Jen

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:
I heard or read somewhere that in order for the gas prices to be over 3.00/gallon it has to be around 95.00/barrel. I think the highest it's been is 70! Looking for some ethenol gas stations!

Jen
That came from o'riley (sp?) talking points. He's assuming a few things that need to be verified. Sure the gas companies are making record profits, but they are not beating their previous records by much..

As to why its rising, 4 refineries in luisiana are still shut down, with no restart anytime soon. 25% of US refining capacity is on the texas coast, and they are shutting all of them down.. So it doesnt matter what happens to the oil, we dont have the capability to make gas right now. In addition 1.3 million people are driving across texas, so most of this state is out of gas too (Even my small town), Since demand is high, prices go up. Everyone panicking and going to fill their tank just push the price even higher.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
He, they got away with gouging us 3 weeks ago, figured what the hell, let's do it again.

·
Registered
352 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:

You are right Jen. It would actually have to top $85 a barrell for it to get that high. These F***ING Oil company's are gouging us.

Jen

·
Registered
347 Posts
that's why i drive a truck :)

chrysler (well i guess they're german now) is offering the CRD in their liberty and minivans, not sure if it's headed to the cars or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts