Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get the news out of Philadelphia, NBC news to be exact. And on comes a chase from LA of a guy on a GSX-R running from the cops. Happens alot I would imagine but its just more bad publicity for the sport.

At least he got to pull a wheelie on national TV ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
It sure would be sweet... if you got away to see yourself doing a wheelie on National TV. but if you got I'd hate to be in that guys shoes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
running

I just saw (for the second time) the chase where the guy ends up getting creamed by the bus. I think that is one of the funniest things. I don't even think the bus stopped. For those that didn't see it, the guy was okay.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I've only seen one where the guy gets away. I normally don't run but if I seem one way behind me and I'm in the right area I'll be hard pressed to stop.

I've seen the bus one too.. that guy is/was an idiot!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just read a news report out of Japan, I think, where an 18 year old got killed on a motorcycle. Apparently, he was out running the cops and he turned around to flip the cop off. What he didn't realize is that he had ran another red light and hit a taxi. He died instantly. His passenger was also hurt. What a waste. Apparently, there are squids everywhere.

·
Registered
866 Posts
slyman not to bring up an old argument, but wasn't it you who tried to wheelie next to a cop during a chase with a group, or am I mistaken?:twofinger :D ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
They guy that hit the bus was doing pretty good......I thought he was going to make it..... You never know why cops pull you over so, its a good Idea to just pull over. They might just want to check out your bike..... Felony Fleeing will definatelly get you to stop riding for a while or forever if you hit something.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Anybody know what the guy that hit the bus was riding? I saw it yesterday and couldn't tell. The guy in the helicopter was saying "we've reached speeds over 120". And i remember thinking, "common you pansy, if you're gonna run from the cops at least open it up" :D

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
SilentNEKO said:
slyman not to bring up an old argument, but wasn't it you who tried to wheelie next to a cop during a chase with a group, or am I mistaken?:twofinger :D ;)
i mean really :confused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think the video of the guy hitting the bus is from the late 80's or early 90's and he was riding a GPz 900R which may explain the relatively slow (!) 120 mph. These bikes topped out at ~150 when they were new. I also think he may have been involved in an armed robbery which started the chase.
In general, running from the cops is just plain stupid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts