Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
halik said:
man how do you nail the trailler of a semi?
riding way too fast over your head and freak out....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Judge said:
riding way too fast over your head and freak out....
Either that or wheelies.. I was down that way all weekend and I seen a bunch of guys flying up and down 94 doing stand ups.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Teal said:
Has anyone noticed that the last few accidents reported have been under 25. Think this has anything to do with it??:rolleyes:

Glad I'm old and not invincible anymore. Still sorry to see riders go down thou.:(
Well i wouldnt necessarily say its all black and white like that. You'll always have people with no self control that. Like the last time i let my buddy ride my bike, he said he opened it up to 90 on geddes. I was just like damn... that was stupid.

I always say theres a time and a place for stuff like that, and 94 @ 1am is definitely not it. In the best case you'll get caught speeding (i have ...theres always cops on that road), worst case scenario ends up in the news.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Re: Re: another accident

Trigga said:
and I thought last year was bad.....

:(
No shit.. But after seeing the squids I have seen on new bikes over the past few weeks I feel like its only gonna keep getting worse..

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: Re: Re: another accident

FurryChoCha said:
No shit.. But after seeing the squids I have seen on new bikes over the past few weeks I feel like its only gonna keep getting worse..

your right Chris... I say all newbies should start out on 50's!

You know...over in I think the UK you cant just jump on any bike you want when you first start out... I think they have a cc limit like 125 or something... it might not be a bad idea to do the same here.. I know the doomsday crew will jump up and down about that but if it saves some lives it might be worth it... :2cents:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: another accident

Trigga said:

You know...over in I think the UK you cant just jump on any bike you want when you first start out... I think they have a cc limit like 125 or something... it might not be a bad idea to do the same here.. I know the doomsday crew will jump up and down about that but if it saves some lives it might be worth it... :2cents:

Yeah.. Not to mention knock a few dollas off of Insurance rates...

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: another accident

Trigga said:

I don't think the state or country gov't would have the balls to get involved in that. I think it will have to come from the insurance companies, telling customers they won't insure anything over 500cc until they have 2 years or so experience. But then again, if anyone had any common sense, it wouldn't be needed. Frankly, if you want to go kill yourself by buying a liter bike when you can't even ride a bicycle, I'm not gonna try and stop you, what ticks me off is what these fucks are doing to my insurance rates. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I think in Europe it is more a restriction in HP (like 25 or something) for a short time..and then they up it until you can ride whatever...I have also heard they have restrictors that can be put in the bikes so that a person can buy the bike they want, but have to take it to a gov't run facility or something to have it installed...but yea....some people jumping on supersports for the first bike thinking they can handle it....wtf were they thinking?

·
Registered
246 Posts
most countries in central europe wont let you ride anything over 50cc till you turn 18. I dont know about the rest of the stuff.

But either way it's not like that would prevent people from dying, it's the speed that kills you, not the lack of skill.

EDIT: oh yeah i completly forgot, those 50cc bikes have speed restrictors, i think they all top out at 60mph or so

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: another accident

Trigga said:
there lies the problem....
no argument there. ;)

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
halik said:

But either way it's not like that would prevent people from dying, it's the speed that kills you, not the lack of skill.

EDIT: oh yeah i completly forgot, those 50cc bikes have speed restrictors, i think they all top out at 60mph or so
Going fast DOES NOT kill you (imo), lack of experience with speed, ie lack of skill, and being able to handle a situation that arises at speed is what kills you. Coupled together with no measurable intellignence, and Ouila, road kill. Common Sense is your best friend when riding to stay alive. When and where are the keys, not what you do.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
damnit...its spelled Voila

·
Registered
963 Posts
I agree more with the common sense statement.. Good example = People who die in the states with no helmet law.. People can die at speeds of under 25mph.. :2cents:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts