Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Angela just called to inform me why Jefferson rd. down by us (Jefferson & South Huron River Drive) was closed early Sunday Morning. I guess on Saturday evening a sportbike was riding at a high rate of speed down Jefferson near the marina's and rear ended a boat. From what she said the driver didn’t see anyone coming from over the hill and pulled out. The biker died on impact and the road was closed all Sat. night and into Sunday morning for investigations/clean up. At least this one is one I don’t know, man people gotta start checking themselves, this is getting ridiculous and Angela is starting the whole “you shouldn’t be riding” crap again, especially after Josh fell Monday when he hit some gravel. I feel bad the guy died but that’s his fault, not mine, I don’t ride like that especially on roads that are potholed, blind and by crazy traffic areas, however it must really suck to rear end a boat! So the last thing he probably seen was the boats name like "Sweet Dreams" and then ate the out drive....ouch. I cant seem to find a stroy online but I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah I know some of the redliners like to tool around coastal rides, remember boats on trailers are heavy and they cant see you easily, no to mention they're usually dripping water all over behind them. Just be careful around the coast you never know.

Actually I can see that happening right there because there's a narrow bridge which makes a blind hill and it's all pot-holed, just not a good area to be speeding, plus the boat launch is right off the road so once you pull it out you gotta drive on the road then they usually pull over to do the tie downs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts