Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one has mentioned this yet, this trip is always a blast! A few of us were thinking of doing this trip the weekend after labor day weekend.. Sept 9th I believe?

So, who's up for it?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Seeing as how I finish school next week then go to the sand dunes with the new quad for labor day a run to cedar point sounds right up my alley! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
yeah, ill still be in school until sept 24, but im headin up to the dunes labor day weekend too, and i wouldnt mind ridin down to cedar point the next weekend, and my gf has been wanting to go all summer

·
Registered
839 Posts
bmacd said:
ooh...I might be in. Is this a full weekend trip or just a one day shot? Is this even comfortable on the bike? I'm just nervous about being fatigued and the long ride back.

-=bmacd=-
A-ron and I did this ride together last year and it's way to far to go up and back in one day after spending the whole day on rides.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
MIBUSA said:
wobbler erik if you fly that plane like you pull standup wheelies then you should make sure to have barf bags for everyone :twofinger

oh and im down for cedar point too :D
Well, since I'm so entitled to respond to this one....

The way you ride that busa, you'd be better off hitching a ride with a semi-truck driver, at least they don't slow down on 696 because of the "Curves" POW:twofinger POW:twofinger

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes this is a 1 1/2 day trip. Like Wayne said, it is too long a day to ride back after being at the park all day. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn(?) right next to the Applebee's about a 1/2 hr from the park. Wayne and Bluto and I made some friends last year!! :D It's always a good time! Some people like to stop and get fireworks on the way back too, and stick them in their trunk next to the NOS bottle!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Tara and I might be up for this one. I have to talk to her. Always a lot of fun. Missed it last year.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
theres a hotel like a couple minutes from the park, i forget which one, but its only like 50-60 bucks a night. ill check on it and get back to u all about it

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I thought Labor Day was the 5th?

We were thinking about going. Work the detials....I need to know when and where (and for how long) so I can get a sitter lined up! ;)

Jen

·
Registered
731 Posts
Labor Day

Yes, Labor Day is the 5th and the Friday after Labor Day would be the 9th.

Sounds good. We will most probably have to leave at 7:00AM on Saturday and head down for the park opening. I love the National Anthem and then its ride time.

I heard that the Demon Drop is up for sale and this may be the last year for it.

Pilot station at I75 exit 18 Nadeau Road. Leave at 7:00AM??

I280 is open all the way to Route 20 going South. It is still closed going North at Front Street. So we can take Route 2 or the Turnpike.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Whew 7am!:zzz:
:laughing:

We're going to leave exit 18 at 7:00am?? Good god!! Can I get a wake up call?:eek:

What happened to the hotel idea? lol

Jen

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hotel

The Hotel is for the night after all the rides.

Ride home refreshed. That is unless you draw the floor.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
7am at exit 18! thats like 45 minutes from home.. Not happening for me. I dont operate at 5-7am. You certainly wouldnt want me operating a high performance motorcycle at those hours. I havent talked to T-bone yet but if we're going, Ill post up another alternate time to leave.. say 8-9am in the Royal Oak area. Isnt the park open until 11pm or something. Thats like 12 hours of Rides. Ill have an answer tonight .. hopefully

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hotel Again

Ok, I'm on Orbitz and there is availablity at the Rodeway Inn Cedar Point South. 54.95 for the night Non-Smoking with 2 Double Beds. Cedar Point is a mile away. This does not include taxes.

Single Double Beds are 49.95 a night.

They have a pool.

Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts