Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres my story... Last sat. i was coming to work and decided to stop at advance to get a part for my car... well when i was pulling out i look at my watch and noticed that i was going to be late...when i take a right, it is a bridge that is going down hill to a stop light (aprox. 1500 ft)...Well, i pull out and kinda goose it, not speeding, just accelerating rapidly, b/c im in a hurry... I dont speed anymore b/c of my driving record...(5 speeding tickets, w/in 7 yrs..) Anyways, as i accelerated threw 1st gear (granted its a '01 929 RR), the front wheel came off the ground about a foot, but as i shifted into second it came back down... First off i wasnt trying to wheely b/c i wouldnt be able to set it down in time when i came over the hill, if there was something there. Second im not trying to kill myself in traffic... well, needless to say, as I passed under the stop light a cop pulled me over.. I pulled over in a cvs parkinglot (right in front of a pay phone)...
Cop: liscence and registration please..
Me: can i ask what i was doing?
Cop: i saw you ride a wheelie when you pulled out.
Me: sir, with all do respect, i wasnt trying to do a wheelie, i'm in a hurry to get to work, and was accelerating hard, not trying to pull it off the ground..
Cop: i watched up come off the ground
Me: ok:mad: (i wasnt going to argue and make the situation worse. i looked for the registration and couldnt find it at the time..) sir i dont have the registration i dont think...
Cop: im going to write you a ticket for that too..
Me: (pretty pissed by now) you do what you need to do..
As the cop was walking to his car, he turned around and asked me for my county decal..i pulled it out from under the seat and showed it to him...
Cop: why isnt it on your bike?
Me:b/c if need be i can just pull it out, that way anyone that needs to see it, can, instead of bending all over the place to read the numbers off of it on one of the forks..
Cop: if its not on you bike before i get done writing these two tickets, i'll write another one for failure to display the sticker.
Well, i was really pissed now, so i just peeled the corner of the sticker back a bit, and stuck it to the side of the tank..While i was looking around under the seat i find the registration, and give it to the cop.... he then is even more pissed b/c he had to void that ticket and then fill out a form saying why he voided it.. HE HE...
Well... I ended up getting a "reckless driving" charge, which is bullshit, and have my arraignment fri. to see if i get locked up... which is also bullshit...if i was going to ride a wheelie, first off i would freaking have the bike inverted instead of a foot off the ground, and also i would do it w/ no traffic and not down a freakin hill......I hate cops... :finger: what should i do, or say, ive never got this serious of charge.. and i think it is all bogus...will i get a chance to explain myself fri., or will i have to wait till my court date.. and what should i tell them, i cant afford to have this crap on my record nor get locked up... this is such bull shit.. .i also had 2 other friends get pulled over for piddely stuff, like a third brake light out, and taking the doors off of his wrangler.. sorry so long..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would try to argue the fact how the hell can he see you do a wheelie from 1500ft away. What is consider a wheelie? You might even go back to the site and take some pictures. Park your bike near the driveway and take pictures from the stop light. Sorry to hear about your situation, some cops can be a$$ holes especially highway patrol :finger:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Definitely go talk to a attorney. :finger: the stinking pigs. They should just sit in their cars sucking down doughnuts and be happy that they rape the taxpayers for a free paycheck. Man cops suck!!!!!!!! Hope things turn out ok for ya.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm no cop fan. Dunno any cops personally. But I'm sure this one character that pulled over tripod doesnt represent the donut shop.

If someone was breaking in to my home 9-1-1 is the first thing in my mind. And for some reason the pigs show up and scare the bad people away. And I am sure I am not the only one who thinks of 9-1-1 when I need help.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't know anything about your State, but in MO and KS I just get a lawyer and pay double the fine of the ticket + lawyer fees. Then the ticket just seems to disappear. :D It is not cheap but it is better than your insurance rates going up.

Here is a link that says what each state calls "reckless".

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/laws.html

·
Registered
64 Posts
POLICE

First of all: I am not a police oficer, But some of the comments made here are really disturbing. To the people speaking so poorly about law enforcement, If you truly hate the police as bad as your words lead me to believe, if you ever need the help of the police,for example... victim of a crime, injured yourself riding, etc. make sure to use the terrible names like donut eaters for example before the officer bends down to stop your bleeding, or begins to search for your stolen motorcycle. I do not know of any other job that involves the chance of being shot at that pays as poorly as law enforcement, give them a break, and most of all give them the respect that they DESERVE!

Joe Fenech

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok here we go...

im not saying that all cops suck....the fact of the matter IS that instead of seeing the front wheel of a motorcyle come off the gound 12 inches, which was obviously non intentional, (traffic, the hill, and the shortness of time it was in the air)as well as not speeding, how about they protect the people, like hit the streets, or pull over those people you always see tailgating that never get pulled over, even though they pass a cop... how about they pull over the ones that weave in and out of traffic, or those that speed at 100 + mph on the interstate....how about the protect instead of picking out a county sticker that was there, but not on the bike, or lack of registration..... how about that?!? just my 12 cents...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: ok here we go...

TRIPOD14 said:
the bike, or lack of registration..... how about that?!? just my 12 cents...
Um, lack of registration? If B.C. didn't have about .7% uninsured driver rate I'd want the cops to crack down HUGELY on drivers that don't have licenses or insurance.

Second, if it is against the law, don't wheelie, and if you are going to pay attention to cops.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if was going to wheelie, i'd have the tail dragging the ground... and the fact of the matter is that there have been a couple of times that i have had my registration in my wallet which was at home, and the cop didnt harass me about it... its the ones that just look for stuff to meet there quota that piss me off... they might as well crack down on the people that cross over the thickass white line at stop lights, along w/ people that have one bulb out of the liscence plate.... for that matter... so does anyone know if i would need a lawyer, or if i would be able to plead my case to the judge... does a lawyer make that much diff.? and if i do need one would i need one for the araignment?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Alter your thinking!

slowrat said:
If someone was breaking in to my home 9-1-1 is the first thing in my mind.
Funny...first thing that usually comes to my mind is Smith & Wesson.
Iff'n you're expecting 911 to come to your rescue (in this situation)...well, I guess they're good at notifying next of kin.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Oh boy, here goes...

To answer tripod's question about a lawyer at the arraignment, call the court and ask if a lawyer is possible/advisable and what happens (what are the possible outcomes) at this type of arraignment. If it sounds like a lawyer would be helpoful, find one. Start with the ACLU or local bar association in your area if you don't have any other referrals. Why is there an arraignment? Is it because the charges are more serious than more "simple" traffic violations or is it because of your record?

Now for the "here goes" part. If anyone thinks that a gun in your home makes good protection, look at the statistics on who usually gets shot. It's almost always a family member under a wide variety of circumstances and almost never a would-be criminal. I knew a guy a long time ago that broke his gun habit when he returned home unexpectedly at lunch and found a neighbor kid in his kitchen holding his gun. And he was now between this kid and the door. And don't start about above or below average...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Re: Alter your thinking!

basicblur said:

Funny...first thing that usually comes to my mind is Smith & Wesson.
Iff'n you're expecting 911 to come to your rescue (in this situation)...well, I guess they're good at notifying next of kin.
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Re: Oh boy, here goes...

RayO said:
If anyone thinks that a gun in your home makes good protection, look at the statistics on who usually gets shot.
And now there are 'studies' coming out that show a large number of folks each year defend themselves simply by brandishing a firearm, but don't bother to report the incident to authorities.

Ya wanna support your view, commission a study! As is often the case, the first question the commission asks is "what do you want the study to show?"
Folks can trade one-off stories ad infinitum. Bottom line is I reserve the right to protect myself, in my home, on my property, while minding my own business. If you don't trust yourself enough to own and use a firearm, that's your right: just don't trample on the rights of those who choose to do so.
Oh...I see yur from California...nevermind! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
"Yes Me the Lousy Cop"

Well Mr. Citizen, I guess you have me figured out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the "lousy cop." Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out.

From birth you teach your children that I am the bogeyman, and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal. You accuse me of coddling juveniles, until I catch your kid doing something. You may take an hour for lunch, and have several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.

You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals at noon with your troubles. You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws, but never got a single ticket you deserved. You shout "foul" if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call!!!

You call it "part of the job" if someone strikes me, but it's "police brutality" if I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always willing to give me a few pointers on law enforcement. You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand and take it without batting an eye.

You cry, "Something has to be done about all the crime!" but you can't be bothered with getting involved.

You've got no use for me at all, but, of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, or deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car on the way to the hospital, or save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours over-time to find your lost daughter.

So Mr. Citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing, ME, or one if my buddies.

"YES ME THE LOUSY COP"

·
Registered
64 Posts
TO THE COP

BRAVO,, I think you put it just right. If you do give me a ticket, I won't be happy, but I will know that I deserve it, and will be greatful for all the tickets I did not get. Keep up the good work.

Joe Fenech

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Oh boy, here goes...

Now for the "here goes" part. If anyone thinks that a gun in your home makes good protection, look at the statistics on who usually gets shot. It's almost always a family member under a wide variety of circumstances and almost never a would-be criminal. I knew a guy a long time ago that broke his gun habit when he returned home unexpectedly at lunch and found a neighbor kid in his kitchen holding his gun. And he was now between this kid and the door. And don't start about above or below average... [/B][/QUOTE] The cop told me that anytime there is a reckless driving charge it can carry jail time.... so i guess thats why I have an arraignment... I really dont understand all this crap... Its not like i was doing it on purpose...And why is it that the cops never want to listen to anything you say... It just seems like they like going to court, that way they are in the AC and just sittin around... I dont under stand this crap....Im not a freakin felon or convict..

1 - 20 of 66 Posts