Sportbike World banner

and the weather is sooo nice

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mkeeney 
#1 ·
Just in case some of you havnt had a chance to get in a good ride cause of the weather , I just got back after a 200 mile lunch run here in Az. with some friends. Clear skies, mid 70's and the roads dry. If your ever in AZ , do Yarnell hill, the spars and to top it off, the twisty roller coaster ride from hwy 60 to Bagdad near Prescott. Anybody out there from Az?:cheers: good ridin

#2 ·
:cussing; Will this Midwestern winter ever end?

#3 ·
I went to Riddle in Prescott for a while...but unfortunately all I had out there was my pickup. Taking the dirt roads from Prescott to Skull Valley was always fun in that.

Some friends had bikes out there, but that was before I was really into riding. Looking back, there are so many roads out there that I would love to hit up on the bike.

Edit: the road out to Jerome (89A?)...that really sounds fun right about now.

#5 ·
Jerome and Sedona

Theres quite a bunch of riders at Riddle. Ive meet a few at the Sat. nite bike nite. The road to Jerome is one of those twisties you like to time yourself on now and then. Its a challenge to set a speed and try to maintain it without useing your brakes. going up the Red rock canyon in Sedona is beautiful and best ridin on the weekdays as the roads are packed in the summer on the weekends. On my bucket list is Deals Gap. Ive been through the Blue ridge parkway and on to the Atlantic then back through the southern part of N.C but missed the gap there is some great rides in Az. but the bummer is getting anywhere is miles away through the frickin desert.An evaporative vest is a must along with a perferated jacket.:cheers: good ridin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.