Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as nick-in-time said in an earlier thread, your overseas following is in awe of you demi god tearing it up at sepang, great pics, great lap times and great fun !!! GITS

but back here where the weather just aint so good or the girls so pretty we have to look at other ways to make biking interesting.
with my old man refusing to let me out on his pizza delivery wagon, and a lack of redies due to me still not working after 18 months and only getting 55 quid a week off the govment i've dot myself a "fixer-upper"

its been stashed in a mates garage for the last 10 years and the old man towed me home on it yesterday which was a bit hairy. it needs slightly more than a T-cut and an oil change but should be fun for the next couple of months

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DOH!! wrong pic!

sorry, wrong picture!! thats the misses out side a castle!!

this is the one i meant!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
oh god !!!

after one crash ... you are STILL thinking of riding bits-a-shite and doing crazy things like getting towed while on a bike !! ...

YOU are the Legend !!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i recon the faring weighs more than your bike with you on it mate!! its about 10mm thick and made of lead!!!!!! but it was free, its a bike and i got nothing else to do!

the towing was fun, went about a mile and the only place that looke strong enough to tie to was the forks, handled better than the tl at times though

·
Registered
94 Posts
Perhaps you're more deserving of the moniker 'classicracing', mate!

Remember, these bikes won the inaugural AMA 'Superbike' Championship in '79. Perhaps a call to 'San Jose BMW' in the States would come in handy before a trip to Brands.

PS. Was nice of nik to mention the lav. Did he mean outhouse, though?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Jeeeze

What with the bike and you ! what was your Dad driving a farkin Scania or what!!:twofinger

Glad to see you're keepin yer hand in!

Here's a plan ...take off the good bits, both of em , and scrap the rest!:thumb:
Whatever you do, don't mention the war!!!!

Just cos starsky and hutch has just come out does that mean yer a wanna be 70's copper on that thing.
I noticed somebody's already nicked the panniers..you'l need em to carry spares!!
:crying:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bizzar as it sounds, the thing ain in that bad nick, the only shagged bits are the front fork stantions, the rest is just cosmetic honest!! and it didnt look too bad after 20 mins under the jetwash!! got the panniers in the boot of the car, it seemed the most senseable place to put them at the time!! its also got half a tank of fuel, but i'd imagine it would have gone off by now, so i'll pour it in the car, should get a few miles out of it!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
and

warming up to a now infamous BP quiz.What bike did the Uk cops ( fuzz , scuffers , bizzies, feds, bill, ) use before they were on Beemers??????:barf:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
What a weapon!!!

That beastie would be the perfect tool for Tug to impress the locals...... I'd be surprised if he hasn't made you an offer already?

Is serious rat bike material for sure :p

BP: old CB Honda's maybe?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Chips?

Anyone remember the TV series called Chips?

Two Highway Patrol cops on bikes with sunglasses and stuff?

I think those were the HOnda CB750s...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Re: Chips?

WOLVERINE II said:
Anyone remember the TV series called Chips?

Two Highway Patrol cops on bikes with sunglasses and stuff?

I think those were the HOnda CB750s...
Ya daft cunt they were in the states, and we are talking about the land of the Sweeny and fish suppers:twofinger
Nortons werent it ?

Cant remember what Poncherello and his mate rode Z1's or could be CB750's.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Re: While we're talking copbikes...

THIS .... .unfarkinquestionably ... rates as the saddest post in SBR history !!! ....

I refuse on grounds of good tast to participate in it in any way.

All those that do so will be tarred with the 'bad taste curse' for a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 6 days ... during which time you will think that 1-4's running shorts look cool, wish you had a light purple undersuit to match Capt Pants .... and pray to god on a nightly basis that you looked like Boycie Boy on a bike ..

Arrggg ..:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts