Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here I sit, having returned home from the Chicago motorcycle show this past Sunday. It was a nice show really. I mean, the displays were very nicely set up. It wasn't as large as Cleveland last year, but it was a ncie show.

I had an assinine moment though, that I'm sure you'll get a good laugh out of. I know everyone else was laughing at me, damn people and their eyesight! :D

Anyway, I visited the Kawasaki display, to see just what it is that some of you see in these ugly green monsters, and I couldn't resist the urge to sit on the zx12. Now this is totally allowed. So I wasn't breaking any rules or anything. The moment of the day came when I went to set the bike back down on its kickstand, which I thought was down, or opened if you will. Now I am fairly sure that I did not put it up, so maybe I rolled the bike forward a bit and it just snapped up the rest of the way. Either way, you guessed it, I tried setting it down and realized that it wasn't going to set down. I got to the point where it should have made solid contact, and it just kept on coming over. I couldn't hold it up, so I dropped it, it fell on my left leg which hurt, and I fell on my girlfriend. Yeah, she backed away from me for about 5 minutes after that. (this is the part where all you guys are supposed to feel for me)

OK yeah...let the flaming begin. I know I am begging for it by posting this, but what the hell. It's all good natured, right Paul? ;):D

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Well..... I guess it's better than kicking it over?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Damn Nick, bet that sucked for your girlfriend :D . How many people were staring at you trapped under that monster? Did you manage to do any damage to the bike? Did security show you the door? Funny story, thanks for sharing. To bad you didn't get it on video though...coulda made a wad of cash.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Tell it like it is. You didn't drop the ugly green POS. You threw it back on the floor where ugly-assed couches belong. :rolleyes::D:p

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dont feel bad. Someone kicked the front turn signal off the green ZX-7R on Saturday. Personally I thoght the bike show wasnt that great this year.

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Only 5?

Omnipresence said:
Your GF ignored you for only 5 minutes??? Wow she must really love you.
Omni,

Why no arrogant condescending post ? Are you feeling ok ? :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Robert said:
Ok let's see.... That's 1,2,3,4 people I need to ban for talking bad about Kawi's ;)
LOL Go get 'em! ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bahahha.. Did the Kawasaki rep bring out a crane to pick it back up.. man I am glad your alright.. that is a big heavy bike to fall over on.

What did they say?

·
Registered
766 Posts
You know I thought about this thread today when I was down at the Honda dealer. I was sitting on the 929 and the F4i, and the whole time I was thinking "Don't be an ass like Nick! Don't be an ass like Nick!" ;):D

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Only 5?

Omnipresence said:
Your GF ignored you for only 5 minutes??? Wow she must really love you.
Yeah, she is amazing. I think the secret is to get up, limp a little, and don't say anything about your own pain, but keep apologizing and asking her if she's alright. Then she'll think you're all selfless and stuff! Chicks dig selfless limpin' guys!!! :D:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts