Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 1000cc V4 power plant and engineering cues from R1.

http://motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/122_0507_american/

One year from now, in '06, we're going to manufacture 50 motorcycles as a first run, all racers like this one; I believe we have 50 buyers out there who are interested in spending $100,000 to buy a track-day bike or a collector's item, or even one they can get a license tag for in Russia or Peru--they'll all have a headlight, just like this one! Then in '07 we'll manufacture the first 150 street versions, bringing the price down to somewhere between $55,000 and $65,000 each, building production up to 3000 bikes a year in '09. We have a business plan in place for an entire range of street and racebikes; following the C1 will be the C6, a 600cc four-cylinder Supersport--just wait until you hear that engine! But all that's in the future. What we're focusing on now is building an American Superbike company, with a product unlike any other that works a whole lot better than any other. This is what I want to be known for--the guy who built an American motorcycle company, not just a single bike."

·
Registered
892 Posts
an american sportbike company...i dont know...those folks from japan have such small hands.

lol i hope i didnt offend anyone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
100K for a motorcycle from a startup company....and street version for over 60K, What kind a business plan is that?
I think the business plan is to get very rich in the first year, then go out of business..:2cents:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
A lot of good thought, plans & work have gone into this bike, but unfortunately the price is out of reach for 95% of the m/cists in the States.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, these guys need something for start up cost, like $5-$10 mill. Like Ducatis, they'll eventually sell $30K bike and will probably be talk of the down. Unlike Japanese manufacturers, they don't have the resources or R&D to cut cost down, they're not exactly using cheap components either. Nor is this the age to release an underpowered bike like Honda Dream to start creating a market that way. If they're succesful 5 years down the road, I have to give them props for creating an American Superbike company, rather than selling a few overpriced choppers.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi Smitty-

A bike with a pricetag of $100,000 is more likely out of reach for 99.998% of American motorcyclists!

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
892 Posts
ya, paying 100k for a motorcycle with a cumbustion engine, F-that u better but a jet engine on that baby.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi Meat_Shield:

You'll need to pony-up another $50,000 to afford the Marine Turbine Technologies Y2K jet motorcycle which can be yours for the low, low price of $150,000 -- financing is available now for an easy $2,850 per month for sixty months with no money down.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
892 Posts
Blue Jays said:
Hi Meat_Shield:

You'll need to pony-up another $50,000 to afford the Marine Turbine Technologies Y2K jet motorcycle which can be yours for the low, low price of $150,000 -- financing is available now for an easy $2,850 per month for sixty months with no money down.

~ Blue Jays ~
lol! right on, as soon as i can russle up and extra $2800 a month i'm there!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts