Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is anybody on here riding to the AMA races at pikes peak in May. Were coming down from Wyoming on our bikes and looking to see whats going on down there as far as bikes getting together. Any Hooter runs or such?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yep, I'll be headed down for the races. I usually only go on Sunday. Leaving around 7-8am. Thats a good stretch coming out of Glenrock all the way to PPIR. You guys just doing 1 day or the whole weekend?

·
Registered
122 Posts
You already have hotels lined up in the Springs? If so, there are lots of places to hang/cruise in the Springs area. Restaurants and bars are plentiful. As far as a designated biker hang out, maybe the Springs guys can chime in on that. There are some nice rides in the area. If you head west on 24 out of the Springs you can hit 67 south to Cripple Creek or head north on 67 to Deckers and beyond.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
races

yeah we got a room reserved for Fri & Sat at the Days Inn in the Springs area. Thanks for the riding tips always looking for nice riding roads! Last year at Sturgis we did quite a bit of touring around the Black Hills, found some good riding out there also. Can't wait to go back in Aug. this year

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've riden the Black Hills, but not during the bike rally, maybe this will be the year I go. I'd have to find a camp spot...hard to come by during the rally.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CAMP SPOTS

Man we just stay in peoples yards. For the last 2 years we make reservations in this guys yard. He's a block off the main street and a fenced yard the bikes stay in, plus use of his grill and also has a shower and bathroom to use. He gets $15.00 a night per person. Even has coffee for those who drink it in the morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts