Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought i heard somethign in the jan meeting, but is there any of us going to the superbike ama races in mid ohio or vir weekends? if so id like to get together and plan a trip.. buy tickets together and represnt our charter of safe but fun riders..

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Several of us will be riding down to MidOhio for the AMA final races, the first wk in Aug.

VIR is kind of not too close, although 4 of us are going there in May for school!

For the MidOhio race in Aug, many of us just ride down and back that Sunday. It is a long day, but fun and not that big a deal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you buy tickets early? Or day of? I'd like to cone on this trip so if I can more info about it.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Several of us will be riding down to MidOhio for the AMA final races, the first wk in Aug.

VIR is kind of not too close, although 4 of us are going there in May for school!

For the MidOhio race in Aug, many of us just ride down and back that Sunday. It is a long day, but fun and not that big a deal.
HOPEFULLY IT WONT RAIN THIS YEAR (sry for the caps).

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Luckily the race is a little earlier in the year (than last year), so hopefully it works out this time. I'd hate to spend 7 hours in the car with DemonRR and fasterbusa again for nothing!
at least we were dry and you got the front seat... sorry steve. lol
poor steve looked like a wet dog, dripping wet and trying to shake off the rain at stop lights. oh, the iron pony store was pretty cool. a huge azz mejer like store all of bikes and parts :D

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
If you want the "better" ticket, then your probably smarter to buy them ahead of time. However, each time we have been there, people are selling them all over the place.

Many people like to make a wknd out of it, taking their RV's or whatever, camping or hotelling it. Camping can be more "fun", as you are in with all the drunken crazy people but lots of people do enjoy that.

If you want hotel space, then the smart thing to do is to go and reserve them NOW!! as they go fast.

Some people even plan for a hotel stay, but go riding in the SE section of Ohio on Sat, then go to the races on Sunday. The SE riding can be very nice, twisty and all that.

But yes, we drove down in the rain last year and it was a very hard rain for almost the entire day. Steve (USMeiners) was taking the KC school on Monday, so he rode down for the race and class.

·
Registered
732 Posts

Unless it rains on you from Monroe to Mansfield, OH.

This year I'm headed to my sisters for her b-day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not a member(at least not as of yet) but I might be interested in riding down there to check that out. Let me know the details when possible. Take it easy and be blessed!!

Robert.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts