Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a strong argument fromm a coworker of mine. He strongly believes that the Honda "Valkerie" is faster than a Hayabusa.
As I understand most 600's are faster than that 800 lb tank. I'll admit it has a lot of power and a cool O-6 engine but it is not sport bike.

I thought you guys would get a laught out of this one. Maybe I could convince him that an EX500 is the fastest bike in the world.

Oh BTW he owns a Virago (cruiser guy)

·
Registered
83 Posts
VYPIR,

Pinch your buddy or shake him awake! That 900 pound sled probably couldnt beat a Gixxer 600 much less the busa. He wishes, keep dreamin!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Valkerie vs.`Busa

Is this 1/4 mile performance,top speed or handling?.Top speed and handling belong to the `Busa but I don`t think the Valkerie would be too far behind the `Busa on the dragstrip.

·
Registered
15 Posts
the busa's are going deep into the 9's quite often. The valkyrie runs a mid 12, which is VERY quick for a bike its size. However, explain to your friend that the performance relation between a busa and a valkyrie is about the same as a viper to a minivan. There is absolutley no comparison. A drag race between those bikes in stock form would be laughable.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
VYPIR said:
I thought you guys would get a laught out of this one. Maybe I could convince him that an EX500 is the fastest bike in the world.

Sqidwannabee says that the EX500 is pretty fast so that maybe an approach to take. :rolleyes::D:p

BTW, Does your friend ride the "little short" bus and drool alot?

G

·
RCjohn said:
VYPIR said:

Sqidwannabee says that the EX500 is pretty fast so that maybe an approach to take. :rolleyes::D:p

BTW, Does your friend ride the "little short" bus and drool alot?
That depends on the color...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I don't have the performance #'s handy, but it is possible the Valky might have the edge in say 60-80 roll-ons or something. Virago man is likely just very misinformed. If you ever get a chance to ride a Valkyrie take it, when I did I was smiling perhaps more than on any other bike I've ridden. It's a very different experience, for example if you twist the throttle exiting a slow corner it won't even begin to wheelie, instead the rear tire breaks loose and sounds just like a muscle car lighting up its tires. And the motor is by far the best sounding I've heard even with stock pipes!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Here's the numbers from Motorcyclist on a '97 Valkyrie (current issue had only '99 Valkyrie Interstate which is a lot heavier) and a '99 Hyabusa.

Valkyrie: 95.9 hp measured @ 5500 rpm, 96.1 ft/lbs torque measured @ 4000, corrected 1/4 mile of 12.13 @ 107.0 mph.

Hyabusa: 156.1 hp @ 9500, 99.0 ft./lbs @ 6750, and 1/4 mile 10.34 @ 140.8.

The only top gear roll-on they gave was for the Valkyrie Interstate from 60-80 at 6.38 seconds and for the 'Busa at 2.70 seconds.

With the base Valkyrie weighing 739 lbs wet and the 'Busa at 550, I don't see how the Valkyrie could win in any contest based on the other numbers. They are beasts, just not quite the top of the food chain!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
tigerblade said:

Valkyrie: 95.9 hp measured @ 5500 rpm, 96.1 ft/lbs torque measured @ 4000, corrected 1/4 mile of 12.13 @ 107.0 mph.

Hyabusa: 156.1 hp @ 9500, 99.0 ft./lbs @ 6750, and 1/4 mile 10.34 @ 140.8.

The only top gear roll-on they gave was for the Valkyrie Interstate from 60-80 at 6.38 seconds and for the 'Busa at 2.70 seconds.
It's only a 1.79 sec difference. Thats close!
Or maybe not.
I would of thought the quarter time would be faster though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts