Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All...
This is my first time on the site, everything seems cool. I am picking up my new R6 on wednesday the 24th, but also have to go to court the same day. Anyone with some new rider advice? I was on a friends Ducati 916, and had got on it coming out of a corner, and the Duck likes to stand up on end, so i figured i'd just ride it on out. Officer friendly applauded the fine wheelie, but showed his true feelings with an EXIBITION OF ACCELERATION/SPEED ticket. I tried everything from playing the "new rider" line, to offering a ride on the 916, but there was no getting out of it. Well, if any of you can help, with personal experience, or advice, I can use all i can get before the 24th. Thanks

------------------
15,500 Rpm Redline...
If its not an indy car,
it must be a YZF-R6. =)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hiya and welcome to the forums. I have no advice for you. My husband and I talk about what we might do if we were stopped for reckless or speeding REALLY fast, but it hasn't happened.........yet! Good luck with whatever you decide and again, welcome! :D

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 Honda CBR600F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
33 Posts
I feel your pain. 6/17 & 6/13
two f**king tickets in 72 hours...man!
My R6 is parked. Word!
jr

------------------
speed good. speed limit bad.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don't despair

You really only have two options...pay the fine, which could be hefty, or get yourself a lawyer and fight the damn thing. My advice is to fight every single ticket in court. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've only paid one ticket in my life...all the others have been thrown out of court or I talked the cop out of it. I was 19 and in college when I was followed and stopped by the local DA (I didn't know who he was). He said I had been speeding, I of course said I wasn't. When we got to court, the DA had a conversation with the judge right in front of me about how I couldn't be charged with speeding, because he didn't have radar. So they changed the charge to reckless driving (not willful). Finding of the court, guilty as charged, after about 15 mins. It was a long time ago, but that trip to court has stayed with me. Now I fight every ticket in court, with a lawyer if necessary. Appeal to the judge, that the bike was unfamiliar to you...that you're a new rider...that the power was too much for you and you felt it safest to let the bike come down by itself, rather than snapping off the throttle. Be pleasant, but be positive that you didn't do anything wrong. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts