Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have an alpinestars jacket? i spotted a cool looking cordura/nylon one (f-tl they call it) but something about it made me question its quality.

------------------

·
Registered
440 Posts
I don't have an Alpinestar jacket, but I looked at one in a store about a month ago. I bought a Vanson instead, even though the Vanson was substantially more expensive.

As you said, the Alpinstar seemed cheap. The zipper is what made me put the Alpinestar back on the rack. I hate cheap zippers, and I found the Alpinstar's zipper difficult to get started.

This is one of my pet peeves. I own North Face and Mountain Hardware tents because the zippers are higher quality than competing brands. I'm very happy with my Vanson jacket, too, and love the zipper.

------------------
"I was born yesterday, but I was up late last night."
Gary P. Nunn

·
Registered
440 Posts
I don't remember the specific style. I tried about three, and had problems with all the zippers. Prices ranged from $220-$375. My wife tried on an Alpinestar too and came away with the same conclusion - too cheaply built.

The Vanson jackets are much better.

------------------
"I was born yesterday, but I was up late last night."
Gary P. Nunn

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by photobug:
I own North Face and Mountain Hardware tents because the zippers are higher quality than competing brands.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to clutter this thread with a non-sportbike related question, but Photobug, I'm looking to get a tent for some leisurely camping with my son. Would you say that I should focus my attention on these two brands? The only experience I have with North Face is a really top-notch backpack of theirs. And I have no experience with tents, as all of my outdoor excursions to date have been "under the stars" or in hunting/fishing cabins. Thanks!

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

P

·
0 Posts
Many thanks to Photobug, who e-mailed me some very useful information in response to my request.

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts