Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a pair of Alpinestar GP+ gloves. They need a little breaking in but man do these things feel great! It's amazing how a nice set of gloves make you feel totally bad-ass. I'll update this post someday and let you know how they do after a good crash. I know they will hold up 10x's better than my old Technics.

------------------
Ride Fast. Take Chances.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cool gloves! What kind of Teknics did you have? I hope your GP+ hold up better than the SP-1's crash-tested in the magazine. Hopefully, you'll never find out :) Do they have the hard carbon pieces in the finger knucks? NICE! :cool:

------------------

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure what kind of Teknic's I had. Here is a pic of the GP+. It really doesn't do them justice. I got mine in all black.

------------------
Ride Fast. Take Chances.

·
Registered
275 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smokin' Joe:
Where can I get a pair of these and see other Alpinestar products? Do they have a website?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check my website the link is there along with alot of others. Can't remember the address off the top of my head.

------------------
RLJ3RD
"The only thing worse than regret is not trying"

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Those are really nice gloves. Very well made. I debated between those and the Teknic Violator. I went with the Violators. I have worn both and I liked them both. :cool:

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I ordered a pair of these gloves. The cheapest place I found on the web was http://www.kneedraggers.com/ They are $155, not cheap, but my hands are worth it :). I am also hoping they hold up better than the SP1's. I think the palm material is different though. Now I just need a Vanson Jacket to replace my crusier jacket. Looks pretty silly I must say.

------------------
Clark

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I paid $150 + tax for mine from a local dealership. Didn't hurt that I am good friends with the guy behind the parts counter. :D

------------------
Ride Fast - Take Chances

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Didn't hurt that I am good friends with the guy behind the parts counter. :D

[/B][/QUOTE]

Sometimes I wish I was "the guy behind the parts counter". Think of the posibilities :D ;) .

------------------
Clark

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just got a pair of A* air carbons street gloves. Looks like I got the wrong kind. I'll be going back and getting some Gp's Saturday....

Doh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts