Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally had a chance to crash test my Alpinestar GP+ gloves. I lowsided at the track (Pocono) somewhere in the neighborhood of 70mph. Most of the crash was absorbed by my leather suit but the gloves were in contact with the asphalt for a good 200 feet. Now this wasn't a serious test for the gloves but they fared quite well. They look as if I drug them across the parking lot a few times. No holes and no abrasions to my hands. My pinky finger did feel as though someone shoved a pin into the tip of it but that pain was over quickly. The gloves still have quite a bit of life left in them. I highly recommend these. While there are better gloves on the market today, I feel the price vs. protection ratio is well above average. I paid $150 for the pair and feel it was a wise investment.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Sorry about your get-off but thanks for testin' 'em out. I have a pair and think they're great. Took awhile to break them in but now they fit perfectly. I was a little worried about them after reading a review of last years model.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
god damn it geoff. you'll never sell the f4 with these stories. but i'm sure you left the f4 at home and were riding a friend's f4 at the time ;)

glad everything is cool. i heard the gp gloves are along the same quality as held gloves. are they comfy, or somewhat teknic lilke in fit?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Glad you're okay. :cool:

I hate to hear that you tore up your bike just to test gloves for us but... THANKS. :rolleyes::D:p

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the bike is fine. I am not selling it anymore. It is now a track bike. All of the street stuff has been removed and is for sale. Intuitive frame sliders work like magic. When I went down the only street part of the bike was the gas tank which came through unscathed. If anyone is interested in the bodywork(perfect) shoot me an email. Will trade for good shock(Penske or Ohlins) and some cash. The teknic leathers I wore had a hole in the ass(one layer)and I have already bought and used some new Vanson leathers(I love them). I am sure I will crash test them all again so stay tuned! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts