Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Even more tempting (ignoring the cost) is the Benelli Tre also featured in MCN. Sorry, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to provide a link.

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
All that does sound great but I think I will still get a RC or 929. What can I say, I have Honda blood running through me. :D :D

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

P

·
0 Posts
Yamaha better get their asses back to the drawing board quick. Those 150 improvements on the '00 R1 were not nearly enough; one year later, the R1 will be outdated and antiquated, leaving it's owners in a sense of dispair. That Gixxer is gonna spank the living crap outta the R1, you can bet on it.

P.S. I'm only kidding around with the R1 guys, but I am glad to see the new Gixxer coming to fruition.

------------------
Pete
-Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited June 27, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan F4:
All that does sound great but I think I will still get a RC or 929. What can I say, I have Honda blood running through me. :D :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BOOOOR-RING!!!! Life is to short for brand loyalty!

------------------
'98 Superhawk

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tristan:
Life is to short for brand loyalty!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to dis' all the brand loyal folks out there, but that statement hits the nail on the head for me. I like Hondas for reasons everyone knows and agrees with, but that won't stop me from buying something else (and that's not "something else" as in winning the lottery and buying a 310lb, 400hp, salmon-colored MV Agusta Custom; just about most of us would do that...well, maybe in a different color). :D

------------------
Pete

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited June 27, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Tristan,

I don't hate all bikes but Honda. But bikes in the same class perform almost the same. There lap times are almost identical (under 1/2 second between some). They have even run a 600 in the 750 class and won.

All you have to do is pick the color and riding position you like. You can't go wrong with any bike out today. And I find that Honda has what I like in a bike. :)

So brand loyalty boring, I don't think so.

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

[This message has been edited by Dan F4 (edited June 27, 2000).]

P

·
0 Posts
Dan F4, when that new GSXR600 comes out, you'll be singing a different tune. JUST KIDDING! :D :D :D I agree, it is so easy today to stay with one brand because they are all so good.

------------------
Pete

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Pete,

If the new Gixxer 600 is that good I might just have to jump ship. ;) I'm all for something faster and better. But I want it to be comfy on the tush too, know what I mean. :)

But I will go with a big bore for my next bike. :cool:

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
looks like i bought a new bike a year too early

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold

·
Registered
503 Posts
u can trade that 750 in & not worry about fixing the new damage :D

i knew the 600 was coming & considered waiting for it instead of an r6.. but i wanted an r6 since the r1 came out so i think ill stick to it.. sides i need a new bike now.. this one just doesnt "feel" right any more.

------------------

·
Registered
104 Posts
Oh yeah, baby! I've said this before, but I will sell almost everything I own when the 1000 Gixxer hits the streets! I just hope that Suzy takes the time to R&D it correctly, like they did w/the 750. I'm "fairly" loyal to Suzuki. As was posted earlier, all bikes these days are so good that all you have to do is pick the color scheme and riding position that you prefer and you really can't go wrong. Personally, in order, I'd buy: Suzuki, Honda, Yam, Kaw. But that's just my personal opinion. (That and a token will get you on the bus!) I looooooove the new Gixxer750, but will wait until the 1000 comes out. Just can't beat that 1000cc mid-range spank!

------------------
Cosmo
"May I please, remain in this space, for darts......"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts