Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl and I were traveling through town (on separate bikes) tonight and I had a really close call. We were heading into a four way intersection with the light turning yellow as we approached (15 feet from the light doing 25mph). I always slow down to make sure the car turning in front of me sees me before I commit to going forward. Well I see that the car turning left in front of me stops so I hit the gas to go through and then when I'm almost half way through he pulls ahead and then at the last minute stops the car as I hit the brakes and fish tale around him probably missing each other by two feet or less. In that split second I thought about that 3000 pound car hitting me at 5 miles an hour and I could almost hear my leg breaking and my bike going down into a million pieces. I have ridden a couple times this season with no helmet (tonight I had one on) and I promise you I will never ride again with out one. Just had to share my close call with you guys. Ride safe and don't be that guy with the sunglasses shorts and blonde spiked hair(you know the guys I'm talking about)

·
Registered
43 Posts
glad to hear nothing happened........on that note, i almost got hit today too

i was taking a left onto a 4 lane road (2 lanes each direction), i turned into the right hand lane, an SUV in front of me turned into the left hand lane about one car length in front of me. Meanwhile theres a big ass FedEx truck waiting in the middle of the two lanes, trying to go straight across into a neighborhood. Well the SUV gets into the left turning lane to turn into a neighborhood, an the FedEx truck couldnt see me because i was masked by the SUV, an i couldnt see the truck either because of the SUV. So as the SUV was turning, the FedEx truck hit the gas to make it across the road, i was almost at him at this point, so i swerved to the right, and thank god he saw me an slammed on his brakes. I couldve reached my arm out an touched his grill.

That one had the ol'heart pumpin pretty good.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
There's something in the air

Ok, not on my bike, but I nearly got rear-ended this am by a landscape truck hauling a LONG, enclosed trailer. And the only reason I was on that road is that my normal route was blocked by a wreck and woman who'd been thrown into the middle of the highway. These are way out of the ordinary for my area.

I think I'll be extra careful driving *whatever* for the next couple of days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts