Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been so excited that I almost forgot to mention that after hours of negotiations, I'm the proud owner of this beautiful '05 Ducati 999!

I made sure to get a battery and service thrown into the deal. I pick it up tomorrow after work. I can't wait!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trust me, I will definitely be posting some up. The ones I took yesterday with my phone didn't come out (my SD card lost them somehow...yes, I hit save) the only way I got that one is my friend texted it to me. When I get it home, I'll post up more.

I'm freaking psyched!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
the 999 is my fav. some ppl dont like cause it aint a single side like most ducs. screw um. i like the stacked headlites.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is freakin B E A Utiful !! I think Ihave a failure to communicate with my bank book...
Cuase I really want to spend alot of money NOW ! Im damn jealous man, that's so bad ass !!:thumbs2:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I'm really excited to pick her up today. I can tell work is gonna go so slow. I'll snap off some better pics when I get a chance. Tomorrow is supposed to be mid-60's and mostly sunny. I can't wait!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Very nice! :thumb:

Congrats.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I picked her up today and I must say...what a well-mannered bike she is. The power is there for sure, but there is no volatility whatsoever. It just...becomes very fast. And even though I didn't dare put the tires to the test in 55 degree weather, I can definitely tell there is a lot of potential. It is extremely flickable and responsive. And so quiet compared to my Gixxer that I have to remind myself what gear I'm in.

It's definitely going to be an adjustment, but I will enjoy every minute of it.

And now for the obligatory photos (they aren't very good, expect better ones tomorrow)....

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
damn that's nice. Good pick

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
:jawdrop:

Sweetness. Congrats, snake. I take it the dealer was willing to move for you. Now when you decide to propose to some lady of the night be sure that keeping the Duc is in the prenup :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yessir, the dealer (after extensive negotiations) was willing to move quite a bit more than I expected. Got it out the door for damn near what the sticker price was, if that tells you anything. Knowing them, that's unusual. The even threw in a service that apparently did not include tightening the rear axle nut. "why does it feel like the rear end is shaking in the turns?"
So I'll be heading back down there after work to raise some hell.

And yes, keeping anything with wheels or triggers will be in the prenup in big bold letters.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
The even threw in a service that apparently did not include tightening the rear axle nut. "why does it feel like the rear end is shaking in the turns?"
So I'll be heading back down there after work to raise some hell.
:eek::laughing: How do you begin that conversation? "I'm here out of sheer luck at not having been smashed by a semi truck when my rear wheel could've departed the bike in transit no thanks to your not tightening it. Must I QC every part after a service?"

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:eek::laughing: How do you begin that conversation? "I'm here out of sheer luck at not having been smashed by a semi truck when my rear wheel could've departed the bike in transit no thanks to your not tightening it. Must I QC every part after a service?"
My friend apparently already cleared it with the big kahuna so I just have to take it down there after work. If I can memorize that line, I'll definitely use it when I get there!

I mean, I knew Ducs were a little more high-maintenance, but this is just ridiculous!

Yeah, I was not a happy camper when I finally found out what was going on. Thank goodness tor Travel America service shops and hungover redneck mechanics.

·
Registered
265 Posts
:jawdrop: Beautiful bike, bro.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got back from the dealership. They were very apologetic and quick to resolve the problem. The guy that did the initial [lack of] service was off today, but he's their official Ducati mechanic. I told them it was a good thing, because I never wanted him putting a finger on my bike again. Just so happens that a kid from the Suzuki dealership where I bought my Gixxer at works there now, so I requested that he carry out any work from here on out. I've got my friend keeping her ears open for gossip, cause I want to know how bad they tear into the "resident Ducati expert."

But like I said they were quick to resolve the problem and went over the bike thoroughly and now that I actually have confidence in it, I'm starting to feel how truly agile it is.

And just for the hell of it, here's a few more pictures. This will be the last of them until I actually make some changes to it:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey... hey, hey, hey... wait a minute here... What the hell is that big ugly thing hanging below the tail lights? :D

I think a small amount of trimming/relocating is in order. :laughing: But that's just me.

I really am truly jealous. :eek:
Believe me, it's going to be one of the first things to go. I've got a couple ideas, but the deciding factor will be whether or not I get a new exhaust. So for now the ugly fender stays. I doubt I'll ever get it as smooth as the Gixxer in the back, but for now, I can live with it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts