Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
READ ON........My insurance company hit me with a $900 "Speacial Group Surcharge" increasing my insurance to $1230/year. Get this I live in a VERY rural Central PA town too. BUT, I own a Honda Super Hawk so I get screwed. They did a "audit" and decided that all motorcycles with the the following name designations CBR, Hurricane, VFR, RC & Super Hawk need to be surcharged since they are performance motorcycles. Yes I know that typically sportbikes get a higher premium but please $900!? Descrimination? I think so! So all you loyal Allstate consumers beware! As for me I am changing my auto, life, rental and motorcycle insurance to a company that rewards loyal (11yrs) customers.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Gosh that sucks!

I just got my renewal from Allstate on my 'NINJA' :rolleyes: and it did'nt go up..... this time. Im holding my breath every six months though :(

·
Registered
193 Posts
What about the guys with the Turbocharged 131ci (2200cc's) Harleys? They dont consider THAT high performance?:D:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I too was hit by the allstate surcharge. I was given the stupid line of, "Well, motorcycles are more likely to be stolen, so that is why they have included a sur-charge." I live in Phoenix, AZ and have been with the same Allstate agent for about 6 years, then he feeds me this crap! I decided to leave Allstate and now I am insured with State Farm. I am a 26 female, and I pay about $150.00 a month for full coverage on my 91 CBR600, 2000 chevy S10, 99 Yamaha WR400 (dirtbike, lol) and life insurance. I was paying twice that amount with Allstate.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We're all taken it deep.

My inc. bill for the last 6 months was $853 which I thought wasn't bad since I did look around and no one would cover me for under $1500. But I just got my re-newel and I just about fainted. The damage is $1205 which I guess is still not to bad since I do have a speeding ticket. There was another thread that I was reading and there was a insurance on there that looked too good to be true, but if it's real we're all in. Check it out, Insurance

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: We're all taken it deep.

GrCh35 said:
My inc. bill for the last 6 months was $853 which I thought wasn't bad since I did look around and no one would cover me for under $1500. But I just got my re-newel and I just about fainted. The damage is $1205 which I guess is still not to bad since I do have a speeding ticket. There was another thread that I was reading and there was a insurance on there that looked too good to be true, but if it's real we're all in. Check it out, Insurance

WOW!!!!! That seems like alot! How old are you?
Well, with State Farm, for 6 months I am paying $498 for my CBR, $234 for my 2000 truck, which includes full coverage on both vehicles. I am aslo paying $15 a month for life insurance and $92 for the dirtbike (that's $92.00 for the year). All in all, it comes out to about $150 for all 4 policies. I must also add that I am 26, female, and have no tickets.

·
Registered
36 Posts
:finger: to state farm and :finger: to allstate..... allstate would not even insure my R6 and state farms quote was more than what i have now which is progressive ....... my insurance is 62.00 month im not even looken anymore im just gonna stick with what i got and forget it

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: Re: We're all taken it deep.

sportbikegrlee said:

WOW!!!!! That seems like alot! How old are you?
I must also add that I am 26, female, and have no tickets.

I'm 30 and a man. Women insurances are cheaper then they are for us guys. Also my bike is a 2001 Honda 929 and I have one speeding ticket which I got 2 years ago in a car. 600's and under go for a lot less Inc. then the big boys do. But like I said before, I called around and what I got at the time was the cheapest that I could have gotten. You guys see my post before on that other insurance company? Has anyone heard of it or have it?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Well Allstate hasn't struck here yet. I pay $407 per year with $100 deductible on the RC. I'm sure it will get me before long then they will stop getting my money. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
State Farm in NJ

I just called my agent today and asked for a quote on a 2002 R6...I wanted to jump up and shout after she told me $320/yr.that'[s like $26.66 a month.. LOL..is that unreal or what..what a friggin deal..I think I'll take that... :D

this also may be due to the fact i have my 98' golf insured with them and have been with them for about 4 yrs...but man...what a nice quote..!!!:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am paying $586/year with progressive, which is less than half of the next best rate I found. I have 2 tickets, hopefully I can get out of my third one. I also have my car with progressive. They are a little high on that policy, but until I turn 25 this fall they are the best rate. State farm has told me that when that time comes, provided I don't have the 3rd ticket, car policy will be lower if I put the bike on, which will be higher. I am going to wait and see what progressive offers at that time, so far they have been good to me.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
As Rainman might say: "Allstate sucks! ":eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts