Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day, all! :hello: Just wanted to let you all know that, yes, I'm still alive (as is Mrs Tree).

I've been kinda busy at work and with my crappy dial-up at home, it takes forever for the new "improved" SBW to load (too many farkin' ads and I don't want to pay to not see them :cussing;). That's why I've not been around.

The big girl is still thundering along; no more drops and no more blown engines. She recently celebrated her 50,000km birthday. The Michie Pilot Road 2's that she's now wearing are going great guns. I've finally gone and bought a tank bag so, combined with my rear bag, I've got plenty of storage for when we get into some long-distance touring. I also picked up a 2nd-hand towbar a little while ago, but have yet to fit it (no point, since I don't yet own a trailer). On an overnight group ride, a month ago, I turned my rear bag around, so it was hanging over the seat and mounted my cooler onto the rack, complete with beers and ice! Was a sight to see!! :cheers:

Mrs Tree is still enjoying riding the little 250, so I can't see us upgrading that anytime soon. Hopefully, she'll be popping out a couple of rugrats in the next few years, so we'll just put the little bike up on blocks while she's out of commision.

Oh, funny story for y'all. On another group ride, the week before the overnighter, I had Mrs Tree on the back. After one particular rest stop, I started the bike and rode off...............WITHOUT HER!!! :laughing::laughing: It wasn't until I pulled up at a petrol station, 15 minutes later, that I discovered her "missing". Scared the cr*p outta me, 'cause I thought I'd lost her off the back. Another rider gave her a lift, so all was good in the end. She wasn't too happy about it at the time, but we've laughed about it lots since then.

Anyway, I hope everyone's well and that no one's taken a spill since I was here last. I probably won't be around too much any more, but I'll try to drop in occasionally to say "G'day!" and catch up with y'all. I really miss the old SBW...

Take it easy and keep the rubber side down. :thumbs2:

Ciao,

Jason (cookeetree).

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
G'day, all! :hello: Just wanted to let you all know that, yes, I'm still alive (as is Mrs Tree).

I've been kinda busy at work and with my crappy dial-up at home, it takes forever for the new "improved" SBW to load (too many farkin' ads and I don't want to pay to not see them :cussing;). That's why I've not been around.

+1'

Hopefully, she'll be popping out a couple of rugrats in the next few years, so we'll just put the little bike up on blocks while she's out of commision.

Best of luck to you & Ms Tree on getting the orchard started. The planting is hard work, but worth the effort!

Oh, funny story for y'all. On another group ride, the week before the overnighter, I had Mrs Tree on the back. After one particular rest stop, I started the bike and rode off...............WITHOUT HER!!! :laughing::laughing: It wasn't until I pulled up at a petrol station, 15 minutes later, that I discovered her "missing". Scared the cr*p outta me, 'cause I thought I'd lost her off the back. Another rider gave her a lift, so all was good in the end. She wasn't too happy about it at the time, but we've laughed about it lots since then.

[I]Started the ride without her?! Don't make that a habit, or she might start the orchard without YOU!! .[/I]
Good to hear from you again & best wishes to ya!!

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Good to hear she's a good sport about it. Somehow I suspect my wife would relish the opportunity to ride with someone else but take up the chance to give me a hard time. Would it be wrong to suggest you were more focused on the ride than her? :loser:

I was trying to cruise Kawiforums from my wife's computer yesterday and the ads were insane. Worse, doing a search required this ridiculous entry of a code. Not user-friendly at all. You have a PM.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
nice to see you.
How's the house coming?

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Good to see ya still around cook!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
That seams to be going around a lot lately :(

Anyway, I hope everyone's well and that no one's taken a spill since I was here last. I probably won't be around too much any more, but I'll try to drop in occasionally to say "G'day!" and catch up with y'all. I really miss the old SBW...

Take it easy and keep the rubber side down. :thumbs2:

Ciao,

Jason (cookeetree).
Yeah, take care yourself, and try not to forget the Mrs anymore...next time I doubt she'll be so forgiving. Peace.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
it takes forever for the new "improved" SBW to load (too many farkin' ads and I don't want to pay to not see them :cussing;). That's why I've not been around.

I have a feeling you aren't the only one thinking the same thing. With the old SBW, I could sit here all day and read post after post after post. Now, I check the posts in the morning, come back that night... 3 new posts. WOOT! It has really slowed down here lately.

Anyway... glad you hear you are doing well, aside from forgetting the passenger. lol. Hope to see you around more.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Now, I check the posts in the morning, come back that night... 3 new posts. ...
No kidding. I used to have a hard time keeping up with certain parts of the board, and now I feel like I've got to pull out the defibrillator to get anything.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Exactly. I try to post as much as possible, but I really have nothing sportbike-related. My bike has been parked since last september.
Here's to us, trying to keep the boards alive :cheers:

I'm hoping that once the weather improves and people have a reason to get excited about riding we might see some more coming around here. But to be honest, if I just happened to come across this board as a new user I probably wouldn't bother sticking around judging by the lack of activity.

But I'll continue to put forth the effort, partly because I paid money for it but mostly because this board had a lot of influence on my making smart decisions in the early days of my riding and provided me with a lot of good advice, knowledge and entertainment.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
:cheers:

Let us not forget the total suckage associated with other forums. :) I laugh endlessly at some of these threads where people are ripping on one another just for fun. I've been banned from some of the other forums I used to frequent for cracking jokes here and there. They say I am "Creating a hostile environment". :laughing:

As far as forums go, this will always be my home.

I have the same hopes as you. Maybe at some point people will start getting the itch and return to this forum. Maybe some day Cookee will have a fast enough internet to be able to visit without pulling out his hair. ;)

When race season starts, there are quite a few people that will be on here after every weekend if for no other reason than to share their win/loss stories with us.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I give this one a try once in a while, but more at home with other boards that are not loaded with advertising or finding the same thread or post on some other spot or part of the board, which is confussing & has been so from the first week.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I still check the board about once a week, just to see if I can learn any more of smitty's language. In other news I just got a new helmet for my birthday, it's an AVG s-4 in mat black.

I haven't posted because Ads -> Stress -> head exploded -> trauma -> therapy
But I'm sure I will post more once the snow is gone.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Obviously we are not alone in our thinking of the board duessel. Yet our said comments have not been about m/cing only.
Fact is I am also on a Japanese news board that made some dramatic changes, very gaudy like this one AND the registered members are complaining like 'ell over the gaudy red & blue to being overly American, yet 75% of the regulars ARE Americans!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
To be honest, I've gotten used to the color scheme and navigating this site. I like the "new posts" option instead of having to browse all the forums to see what's new. If the old site had that option I never took the time to find it. May have been under my nose the whole time.

I can see how the ads would get annoying. I know they were for me before I got the membership. I think it's ridiculous to put them right in the middle of the thread.

My main problem with this site is the number of people that migrated away, and the apparent lack of effort by the admins to fix errors that were making people leave. I saw a few people posting up issues and it would take days for the admins to respond, if they did at all.

I do miss the old sbw, but I don't expect them to change this too much. Unfortunately money makes the world go round.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
snakesht said:
I like the "new posts" option instead of having to browse all the forums to see what's new. If the old site had that option I never took the time to find it.

:laughing: It was a link at the bottom of the page in the very middle. They just moved it from the bottom to the top... where it should have been all along. It was there, though. If you look at the page now... it used to be right about where the "Powered by Vbadvanced" link is now.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey, guys, good to see a lot of the old crew is still around. Thanks for all of your well-wishes.

It wasn't my intention for this thread to become a put-down of the upgrade, but I think it's quite clear that the majority of members are disappointed with it, to say the least.

Anyway, ride safe everyone. Should be getting warmer over there soon, as it's starting to get cooler here; always riding season, just we leave our jackets on at rest stops, instead of sweating to death.

Catch up again soon-ish... :thumbs2:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts