Sportbike World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 96' gixer. What is the "BEST SPORBIKE ALARM" on the market today? It seems like a big hassle to me. Is the "Scorpion alarm the best? I read if you want a really great alarm with the pager and perimeter options it will cost you up to $500.00 bux. Damn expensive. Any suggestions? Whats the best bike alarm out there and will it run down a bikes smaller battery?

THANKS!!!

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
ak47, 9mm

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Squid- you are SICK! Please seek help sir and give the gun you stole from yo daddy back to the local police before you kill someone. GROW UP,,,, JERK!

------------------

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ray66:
Squid- you are SICK! Please seek help sir and give the gun you stole from yo daddy back to the local police before you kill someone. GROW UP,,,, JERK!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Squid, you sick bastard...AK-47, what kinda commie sh1t is that. M-16 with a grenade launcher(buy American :D ).

Ease up there Ray, he was only pointing out that alarms aren't of much use against thieves. No one pays attention to them anymore. The best it will do is alert you if you happen to be in earshot. Then you better get out there with your weapon on choice (12 gauge or cell phone) and protect your baby.

I use a disk lock to lock up my bike. This only deters the retard thieves, the smart ones won't be stopped by a disk lock or an alarm IMHO. Peace.

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

·
Squid
813 Posts
Yeah Ray! who needs an alarm anyway, if someone really wants your bike there going to take it right out from under your nose. Trailers arn't to hard to hook up to a truck. BTW, what's your address? :D
j/k

------------------
John

Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?

·
Registered
100 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:
ak47, 9mm

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah Squid, You're such an a**hole, man. Why you gotta say things like that and offend people?
No wonder nobody likes you. :D :D :D

I swear that was the most foul mouthed, off color thing you have ever posted and you should be ashamed of yourself. :rolleyes:
I think you owe everybody an apology and a promise to never post such nonsense ever again.......Jerk ! ;) :D :) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;)

------------------
Dave fzR1

"When I grow up... I wanna be a SQUIIIID!"

[This message has been edited by Ratsalad (edited September 13, 2000).]

S

·
0 Posts
Posted by Rayy66 <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Squid- you are SICK! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just deleted my reply to this Doh!!!! ok Ray66, This is my second try ... 99% of the stuff said here is all in fun, I forgot to put a little :D face in my last post... So don't get your Panties in a bunch! ;) (That means I am teasing)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Please seek help sir and give the gun you stole from yo daddy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh you talkin bout ma daddy! Oh it's on now fool! You gettin ganked!
Where's hi and lo ??? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D(this also means I am joking, But you still gettin ganked fool)

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

S

·
0 Posts
Posted by Rug Burn:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Yeah Squid, you sick bastard...AK-47, what kinda commie sh1t is that. M-16 with a grenade launcher(buy American ).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look at this , Oh shit I didn't know you drove a Harley ?? MR America!! :D

buy American! You drive a Honda right :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ??

Everyone knows an Ak-47 is the best weapon!
Oh Ruggy what will we do with you !!!! ????

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Yeah Squid, You're such an a**hole, man. Why you gotta say things like that and offend people?
No wonder nobody likes you.
I swear that was the most foul mouthed, off color thing you have ever posted and you should be ashamed of yourself.
I think you owe everybody an apology and a promise to never post such nonsense ever again.......Jerk!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok Ok , After being advised by the Administration to Aplologize or they will Kick me off SBW and beat my dog.

So I am soooooo sorry...

Ok Back to Ray66,

C'mon guys give him an answer....
In my opinion I wouldn't put an alarm on the bike, (It just annoys the theif ;)) no really if they want your bike they're gonna get it.
Keep it in sight, store in the garage, or chain it to a big motha something with a big matha chain .

------------------

·
Squid
813 Posts
I tried Squid, but he didn't give me his address :D Maybe after he gets his alarm he'll give it up so his new product can be tested :D J/K Ray, don't call the 5O or anything, I wouldn't touch another persons bike!

------------------
John

Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?

S

·
0 Posts
Ha! I knew you rode a Harley! Nice sawed off!

------------------

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thought I'd throw in my $.02. I've seen very few bikes w/alarms. Every single one I have seen, malfunctions constantly. False alarms, going off too easily, not going off at all, not shutting off, etc. A MC battery is a lot smaller in size and amp-hour capacity than an automotive battery. After a week or so of not running the bike, the alarm will most probably drain your battery. If the bike is ran every day, I don't see that happening, though.
An alarm is a nice thing to keep those damn kids from sitting on it. The best thing is still deterrence. Park it out of sight, if possible. Chain it to something. Immobilize the wheels. Standard stuff. Unfortunately, the old adage "if they really want it, they're gonna get it" holds true here. Even my big old heavy Katana weighs "only" 470 or so full of fuel. Myself and two buds have easily lifted into the back of a pickup truck once before. Securing a motorcycle is similar to securing a car. If a theif looks in the window and sees The Club and a blinking alarm light (what I have on my car) he knows that he could defeat it, but hey, the car right next to it has no Club and no alarm. You want to make your bike as unattractive to a theif as possible. Chances are if they have to spend time fiddling with a Ulock, chain, disk lock (what I have on my bike when it's parked right under my front door (I live on the second floor, I park it under the stairs) they won't. If all else fails, Smith and Wesson tends to do an excellent job with "evolutionary discretion". don't waste your $$$ on an alarm. Get something like "The New York Chain and Padlock" you know, that chain w/the big square links. Use that when home. Obviously you can't take it w/you when you ride...too heavy. Just don't do stuff like park the bike in the movie theater parking lot and go see a movie. When I ride, I don't let my bike out of my sight, unless there are others watching it. Good luck.

------------------
Cosmo
"Do you know how fast you were going, son?" "Gee officer, if I guess right, can I go home?"

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cosmo:
Park it out of sight, if possible.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only problem with this is if the bike is hidden and a thief does see it; it'll be easy for him to take his time to steal it. I park my bike where everyone can see it (especially me), thieves don't like an audience. O yeah, at the movie theatre it chain it to the handicapped parking sign up front too :D .

------------------

Clark

S

·
0 Posts
Posted by Rug Burn: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>O yeah, at the movie theatre it chain it to the handicapped parking sign up front too<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That one's too easy! i'll just leave it alone :D

Oh BTW Ruggy, How did you come up with that user name ??

------------------

Adam

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yeah, I was asking for that one huh.
You'll have to go here to get the scoop On "RUG BURN" http://www.sportbikeworld.com/forum/Forum24/HTML/000010-5.html I'm too lazy to type anymore now, besides it's time for me to get outta work.

------------------

Clark

·
Registered
38 Posts
Squid, you the reason they have mental wards!
You make us look good Homie.Cut Ray66 some slack,he needs some attitude adjustments.I
think with a 2by4. Also you a dog for leaving us for that wimpy other site.
Redeem yourself!!!! :D :D :D

------------------
Steven G. Knecht
1991 VFR750F
1989 RX-7 GTU

S

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Squid, you the reason they have mental wards!
You make us look good Homie.Cut Ray66 some slack,he needs some attitude adjustments.I
think with a 2by4.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! :D
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Also you a dog for leaving us for that wimpy other site.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just looking ! Thats all Just looking! :)

They do have some nice videos though... oops did I say that outloud ??

------------------

Adam

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey I still love ya,just keepin you on your
toes.Did you trade in your sheep?I've been
lonely. :D

------------------
Steven G. Knecht
1991 VFR750F
1989 RX-7 GTU

1 - 20 of 36 Posts