Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know what Akrapovic exhausts were called originally?
Why did they change to Akrapovic?

Aris

·
Registered
90 Posts
I believe they used to be called Skorpion exhausts. Dunno why they changed it though, although Akropovic is the owner/engineer's name.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ted900 you are right!

They used to be Scorpion, then they had some trouble with Ford and another exhaust firm in UK using the same name.
Since they make the best exhausts in the world they decided to go on and change their name to something really exclusive, so the Owner/Chief Design Engineer used his surname.
His name is Igor Akrapovic.

Aris

·
Registered
418 Posts
They still put that little scorpion design on the can though...its eerily similar to my roommate's tatoo.(Honestly, who tatoos a scorpion on their arm???? oh yea....drunken spring break college students.)

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
bonus question, what motorcycle manufacturer was also threaten by ford for using the name "zephyr," and what name did the line of motorcycles continue under. and if you think about the mercury zephyr, this company should've been thankful.

aris, you gotta know this one...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am excluded, Aris is excluded, Andy is excluded, Triple is excluded, Tom Bozeman is excluded. Have I forgotten anyone ?

:)

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
titomike said:
I am excluded, Aris is excluded, Andy is excluded, Triple is excluded, Tom Bozeman is excluded. Have I forgotten anyone ?
:)
Mike you are a real gentleman :)

Aris

PS. You forgot Emrah, he's here also :)

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FZR400Tony said:

ding, ding, ding--we have a winner.

there was also a zephyr 1100.
There was a complete range of Zephyrs, 400, 550, 750 and 1100!
The ZR7 and ZR7S are just a little bit faster than the Zeph 750, but greatly improved otherwise, chassis, suspension, wheel dimensions, single shock etc.

Aris

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
ariszr7 said:

There was a complete range of Zephyrs, 400, 550, 750 and 1100!
The ZR7 and ZR7S are just a little bit faster than the Zeph 750, but greatly improved otherwise, chassis, suspension, wheel dimensions, single shock etc.

Aris
i couldn't remember what size the 550 was and the 400 wasn't brought to the u.s., so i messed up there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts