Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has put in a aftermarket air filter made by BMC to the 954s. I couldn't find one made by K&N for '02.

Cheers,

Nate

·
Registered
193 Posts
being very knowledgable about ducati upgrades,i found myself in need of advice about my 954(mainly the air filter)after i installed a pipe and power commander.the info i got was no need for a filter and the print-out of the dyno run confirms his advice.but,i have seen k&n filters for '02 954's at e-bay motors.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeah they do exist, and not that I have a 954, but I noticed a significant change over stock on my gsx-r, enough that I would get one anyway! dyno's don't tell it all... for instance, I didn't feel more power as much as I felt the bike wanted to rev quicker, or in other words, climb the rpm's faster up to where peak power was.

·
Registered
193 Posts
DeathCannon said:
yeah they do exist, and not that I have a 954, but I noticed a significant change over stock on my gsx-r, enough that I would get one anyway! dyno's don't tell it all... for instance, I didn't feel more power as much as I felt the bike wanted to rev quicker, or in other words, climb the rpm's faster up to where peak power was.
DYNO'S TELL YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW.THERE IS NO BETTER TOOL IN A SHOP THAN A DYNO!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
RANSOM said:
actually honda filters have been proven to flow MORE than K&N.
I would like to know also.....do you have anything to back that up. I'm not the type to add an air filter and high performance plugs right away and brag about how much faster my bike is but when it comes time to change it due to wear and tear I don't mind an upgrade......so it would help to have dyno printouts or something. K&N or stick to stock?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts