Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of the Q3Pro Rossi '98.

I've found AGV is the only helmet that fits my head. My head's rather narrow, but long front to back and not a little pointy in places. Rather like an egg leaning at 20 degrees from vertical. :)

I got the M/L cos that's the closest U.S. size to the European size I had ion the old AGV Biaggi rep I have.

I ordered it from agv.com (great price) and got it yesterday. Very happy with it. It's VERY tight but not uncomfortable and the vents are terrific.

The rear vent tab broke off as soon as I touched it, so I e-mailed AGV. I then called them 10 minutes later cos I was sure no one would check the e-mail. The woman who answered the phone said: "Oh, yes. I just got your e-mail and was about to pull your file."

So they're sending me a new vent kit today.

THAT'S customer service.

------------------
Austin Bikers on the Web

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was wondering about the fit of AGV helmets and in particular the fit of AGV X-Vent or Q3Pro helmets. I have tried on Arai Quantum, Shoei, and HJC and the Arai's are by far the most comfortable for me. They have no pressure ponits whereas the others press most noticable on my forehead. I want to try on an AGV because the Venom design is my favorite helmet but I won't buy a helmet without trying it on. None of the local shops carry AGV. Can anyone shed any light on how they fit compared to the others? How is the wind noise compared to the others? Thanks.

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
I checked the "virtual fit" before i bought my Q3Pro a few months ago online at www.agv.com

I was a bit worried about the fit. After it arrived (very fast shipping!) and i first went to put the helmet on i was VERY worried as it would barely get past my ears.

Once on however it was an EXTREMELY snug fit but had NO pressure points at all.

Its been several months now and the helmet has definately "loosened up" and is quite omfortable. Great ventilation system. It was very quiet when brand new, but has gotten a bit louder now that the padding has "broken in".

Nonetheless i have heard that some people have had pressure points with AGV's. My only advice is to carefully measure your head at the widest and size the AGV helmet with their sizing chart on the website.

Chances are it will fit right. But you always run the risk. I believe AGV is one of the best as far as customer service goes. If it just doesnt fit right they would probably exchange it for a different helmet or work SOMETHING out.

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm surprised nobody near you carries AGVs. Anyway, in general I think AGVs are about as quiet as the Arais and Shoeis, maybe better than HJCs. On that, I'm judging by the comments I've seen here since I've never had an HJC.

I would also echo GreenNinja's comments that the helmets feel very snug first time you put them on but the padding definitely adapts over time. I personally have been quite pleased with my AGV and have ordered another one, but you won't really know if you have pressure points until you wear one.

------------------

·
Registered
20 Posts
gotta agree with everything GreenNinja said. I have the Q-3 pro Venom helmet and love it. Can't beat the price and it's very comfortable and relatively quiet. It is difficult getting it over your ears, but once on it is extremely comfortable. I'd say take a risk and order one! Be advised it'll be more snug than you're used to initially, butonce it breaks in you'll be very happy with it. No pressure points at all!

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
KICK A$$

Right on!, they were the same with me.. it was like i knew them personally.

------------------
Fear Green.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts