Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how the AGV Argon compares to other helmets, such as the Shoei RF-800?

Thanks.

------------------
Hey officer, wanna race????

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was hoping you'd get some answers by now because I have the same question. The Argon looks like my old Q3, which will soon be replaced, and is supposed to be like the Q3, but it costs less. Hmmmm. That deal on AGVonline, 2 Argons and two pairs of gloves for around $300 looks good, IF the helmet's as good as my old AGV.

------------------

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For some reason, I'm gettin' the feeling that the Argon might not be that good. No replies might mean that nobody has one. Which might mean that it isn't that good.

If I asked about the RF-800, I would probabaly get at least a few responses.

Maybe I should try posting it somewhere else, under a popular topic - that way people will see it.

------------------
Hey officer, wanna race????

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well, I took a chance on the deal on AGV Argons on the AGV web site. I got the package deal of two Argons and two pairs of gloves. Total cost to my door a little under $290.

After 500 miles I have to say I think it's a great deal for anyone who isn't hung up on having the latest graphics or racer replica. I got the new helmet to replace my old AGV Q3R, which cost me about what this entire package cost, and I can't tell the difference. They seem identical.

Like other AGVs, these have a lot of padding around the neck opening so they seem tight going on, but once they are on that padding makes them quiet and comfortable, IMO.

The price is great, the gloves they throw in the deal are nothing to brag about but they'll serve for riding to the gas station and back. Really, the only drawback I see is the limited and conservative options graphically, which wasn't a drawback at all for me but will be for you more stylish and flamboyant types. :)

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts