Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the MV Agusta Brutale, the naked Agusta that didn't really get the sales they expected.
It's kind of ugly IMO, and it doesn'thave the nice exhaust set up of its sister sportsbike.
What do you think?

Aris

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brutale in Italian means 'Brutal' :D

It was the first of a new design trend, but it 's also very expensive.
I like better the classic style of naked bikes like ZR7, XJR etc.
The Cagiva V-Raptor sold much better, although it's even uglier!
I prefer the simple Raptor 1000, the 650 is really popular in Europe.

Aris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
ariszr7 said:
Brutale in Italian means 'Brutal' :D

It was the first of a new design trend, but it 's also very expensive.
I like better the classic style of naked bikes like ZR7, XJR etc.
The Cagiva V-Raptor sold much better, although it's even uglier!
I prefer the simple Raptor 1000, the 650 is really popular in Europe.

Aris
Yeah? If you won the Lottery big time, I bet you'd have one in your stable.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Brutale S will be available in February if you re interested.
It is the cheaper version of the Brutale serie oro (gold series) without all the hi tech metal parts (titanium, magnesium, carbon fiber), using aluminium and plastic instead.
It can be yours for only 10500 GBP!!
Cheap compared to 20000 GBP for the Serie Oro :D

Aris

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cagiva

WOW.....! That Cagiva looks sweet...! Gosh...I really want to have a bike like that........What's the address for the web site? I'm going to make a wallpaper with those pictures.

Happy Holidays..!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
ariszr7 said:
...the 650 is really popular in Europe.
I just read an article in (I think) the UK mag Performance Bikes, or Fast Bikes, it was a comparison of 600cc half-naked bikes. The only two readily available here in the US were the SV and the Bandit, so I really had nothing to compare the rest to. (Yamaha Fazer, Honda Hornet, Cagiva Raptor 650...)

Anyway, they compared the Cagiva Raptor 650 against the rest, and even though they use the Suzuki 650 motor, the Raptor was ranked ahead of the SV. They said it was ugly in a cool sort of way, but the transmission Cagiva put in supposedly gives it more power where the SV is lacking. Then again, it only came in one point ahead of the SV. ;) :rolleyes:

I believe the Yamaha came in first, followed closely by the Honda, and the Bandit was ranked a distant last.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I must admit the pictures posted don't do anything for me, I'd like to see one in the flesh so to speak mayby they look appealing in the showroom ummmm Mayby not....... :eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I must be one of the few people who's absolutely in love with the Brutale. That thing's just sooooo bad-ass looking. You guys are right about the exhaust though. I'm not too crazy about it.

But the rest of the bike :drool: .... Maybe it's just my twisted sense of tast. Of course, I'm also tripping over myself every time I look at the Triumph Speed Triple. Especially in that "neon pink/purple" colour they have. :drool:

Me want...

Emrah

·
Registered
48 Posts
Speed triple

EMRAH:

I'm also a big fan of the Speed Triple..! Specially since I saw the movie "Mission Imposible 2"

Too bad that is so expensive.... :( I'll stick with our beloved ZR-7 for a while......

·
Registered
377 Posts
Methinks if you are gonna buy a Speed Triple in "nuclear red" you wanna be an aweful fast rider, or cop a load of sh/t off your mates :p

:)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I havn't seen a Brutale in the flesh, but from the pictures I've seen, I love it! Although the exhaust isn't quites as sweet as the F4, I think it's nice and unique looking. I'm not too big on the Speed Triple, especialy in that colour, or the Cagiva. Just my opinion though...

·
Registered
29 Posts
The reason the Brutale didn't sell is because we never got them in the states. I have had a deposit on one for over a year now and it's still not here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I rather like the Brutale, I also would prefer it as a liter bike instead of a 750. The Cagiva is just plain ugly; it may work well, but it is ugly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts