Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
portion said:
who got there bike permit the youngest?
16?17?
I think you are going to find that a lot of the people on this board got into riding motorcycles long before they were legal driving age. A lot of former and current dirt bike riders. It is a natural progression into street bikes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was 19 when I learned how to ride (a year ago) I have always wanted to learn, but never had the time. My dad took me out and taught me on his bike. I also took the MSSF course last summer. I don't know why I didn't find more time to do this before!

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Others might outdo me in age for one needs to be 16 to have a DL in Canada. So that would be 1946, though I was riding in the bush some months prior. A m/c license did not come into effect untill '68 I believe.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
i've been riding since i was 12 but didn't LEGALLY ride the road until i was 24. i rode bikes on the road constantly but i figured my number was baout up so i broke down and got my license before i got caught.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got my motorcycle license the day I turned fourteen. In Tennessee you can ride a motorcycle at fourteen as long as it's under 125 cc's and you can't ride at night. All the junior high chicks thought it was sexy!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Beginning age

Hit the roads of Italy on my moped at age 13.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
I got my motorcycle license when I turned fourteen also. Apparently FL and TN are quite similar in that aspect.. had to be 125cc or smaller and could not ride after dusk nor with passengers... as for chicks diggin it.. don't know that part but I sure hit it off well with the fellas ;) I still have the very bike I took my riding test on :p But I was far younger than that when I first began riding.. I was 6 yrs old and terrin it up around my folks 20 acre peacan grove and dirt back roads to my friends houses :thumb:

E.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I didn't get a permit till 18

But i was already a certified badass by age 9:cool:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I got mine when I was 16; 6 months after I got my car license. Saved up and got the bike, never thought of a car. Coming into my 4th season (here we only get 6 months of a year to ride) and I have yet to own a car. Starting to be a pain in the ass, but I could never see myself not biking.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
71custom said:
I got my motorcycle license the day I turned fourteen. In Tennessee you can ride a motorcycle at fourteen as long as it's under 125 cc's and you can't ride at night. All the junior high chicks thought it was sexy!
How old are you now? You still going after those Jr. High girls?:rolleyes:

Damn man, when will it end!:twofinger

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
o|||||||o said:
How old are you now? You still going after those Jr. High girls?:rolleyes:

Damn man, when will it end!:twofinger
what exactly is your screen name? it looks like the Jeep Logo :D

E.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
DreamRyder said:
what exactly is your screen name? it looks like the Jeep Logo :D

E.
DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

GIVE THAT GIRL A PRIZE!!!!!

:twofinger

·
Registered
6 Posts
I actually got my (car) permit about a week before my 15th birthday because I was in driver's ed at the time. Didn't get my bike lisence 'till I was 20 though.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
monkey said:
DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

GIVE THAT GIRL A PRIZE!!!!!

:twofinger
you gotta be kidding :D heeheee...

E.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts