Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i didnt know where to put this thread so i decided here might work......allrighty i have a 1998 Honda CBR F3 completely stock except for cosmetice changes....i was wondering if putting a slip on would decrease the life of my bike and would mess things up on it i want one for the sound but if it will kill my bike then i dont mind the stock sound.....also if it is a safe thing to do i would like reccomendations on different slip-on's thanks i was looking to spend no more than 300 bucks if that is possible
thanks to all

·
Registered
243 Posts
I can't see a slip-on doing any real harm to your bike. I have a Vance&Hines on my F2, with the packing removed, it sounds pretty good, but make shure you keep your stock pipe, I wish I had quiet one I could put on when I know I'll be out late in an area that I don't want to make too much noise in. (remember I'm single and you'll know where that is coming from)

James.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
It will only change the exhaust note & might be an additional cost, to you, in needing to have the carbs rejetted. My '97 600 & '00 929 are with stock systems.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input....i just didnt want my bike to crap out due to a slip on.....i was looking at the Yoshimura and D and D.....would ya'll recommend i hear some pipes before i buy also where is the cheapest place to find the pipes?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i get your drift.....on my truck i have open exhaust after the cat and its hella loud......any other brands beside d and d that sounds pretty sweet and are under 300?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts