Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello....I am a new member and I am about to purchase a bike....Can someone give me some advice...I am new to riding and I want a 600...I am leaning towards the R6, but I will also consider th GSXR600 and CBR600F4i....advice anyone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check out the bike rewiews in the bike magazines for July/Aug .. I got a lot of useful there.
BTW The most user friendly 600's are Kawasaki and Honda.:cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome to SBW =) If you have your mind set on a new 600...go to the dealer and see which feels comfortable. They are all VERY similar in performance,so dont worry about which one is the fastest...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Just pick the bike that feels the most comfortable. Perf. wise you will never be able to tell any difference.

It's good to see a new rider that doesn't have to have a GSXR 1000, R1, CBR 929.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hiya!!
Welcome to SBW!!:)
They are all great rides,talk to people,read reviews,go sit on the bikes and make your choice!!

JIM

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I KNOW I KNOW!!!!!

Yamaha!!!!! R6! R6! R6!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Ok, so Chris has rubbed off on me. Like that's a bad thing. :)

Check out the August issue of Motor Cyclist mag. It does a good job on covering the pluses and minuse on the Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and the Kawi 600s. Also, go to the different dealers and find the one that is comfortable for you. They each put the rider in different riding positions. The new Suzuki had my back killing me in 5 minutes. :( Nice bike though. ;)

Good luck and welcome.

(Oh AND there is an article in MC about my boy... ANTHONY GOBERT. WHAT A HOTTIE!!!!!)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Dan F4 said:
Just pick the bike that feels the most comfortable. Perf. wise you will never be able to tell any difference.

It's good to see a new rider that doesn't have to have a GSXR 1000, R1, CBR 929.
Don't forget the 9R. Nice bike, but too much for a new rider. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts