Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My girlfriend and I (she rides a YZF600) are going to Spain next year to see either the WSB race in Valencia (March) or the GP race in Jerez (May). We want to do some touring around the country on rented bikes while we're there.

If anyone has any advice or helpful information for us, I'd be grateful if you could send it along to me. My email is [email protected]. If you have a long response, please send it there, as I read sportbikeworld sporadically.

Thanks a lot for any assistance! :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Don't eat the hígado con cebolla and lombarda rellena at the bullfights. You'll just make the other spectators mad, and it offends the bulls.

·
Registered
714 Posts
No more jokes !!

O.K. Chris, the best advice I can come up with is that there are plenty of bike rental companys in Spain. BUT mainly scooters and small bikes. I did see 1 firm who rented Harleys :hurl: but the cost was mega. If you're staying in Spain for any length of time try www.greatescapetours.co.uk and have a ball. These two guys hire out bikes like the MV Augusta, 996, GSX-R1000, R6 and Fazer 1000 amoung others. Check out other Spainish hol/tour sites on the web. It's worth a bit of research as Spain is a lovely country.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link, smeg. I checked it out, and they seem to only hire out bikes from their chateau in France. Too bad too - the bikes they have are great.

I'll keep looking.

P

·
0 Posts
Chris, I understand that Spain has some excellent off-road riding opportunities, just FYI.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was out in spain 2 years ago. Most fun I've ever had. It's an amazing country. Try and make it down to Malaga on the south coast, those Mediterranean beaches are the shiznit. :)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Paul748S said:
Don't eat the hígado con cebolla and lombarda rellena at the bullfights. You'll just make the other spectators mad, and it offends the bulls.
This just wouldn't be the same w/o this kinda' shit. LMAO!:D :D :D

I have some business dealings with a couple of Germans who ride and they rave about southern Spain in particular. I don't have first hand knowledge.:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Spain

Funny, I'm finalizing my plans to Spain for testing in Feb myself. If your looking for anything race related contact Randy at Travelcraft. They arranged a trip for us to Spain for the Catalan GP in 97. Excellent trip, which also included the now defunct Kenny Robert's school.

I'm not sure he would have info on bike rental but he might.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I haven't ridden there, so no helpful info in that respect. However, the mountains of Southern Spain between Cadiz and Gibralter are unbeleivable, and should be great for riding. Also If you are into partying at all, do not miss Barcelona and Salou (about an hour and a half South of Barcelona). The are both great, Salou being f-in unbeleivable. And of course Ibeza, and Palma de Maorca, and.... :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Be careful with those mountains though. On our way up to Madrid from the south we passed a pretty ugly car wreck that had just happened. There was some dead guy hanging out of the smashed passenger window with a big pool of blood around. Cops had just gotten there and were covering him up with a sheet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts