Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about taking the adavnced one this summer sometime. However, I'v heard little about it from other riders. Has anyone taken it, and if so care to elighten the rest of us?

thanks in advance!
-chr|s sedition

·
Registered
624 Posts
Almost everyone can benefit by such courses. That having been said, I think it depends if you took the beginner course, and how many miles you've ridden since then. If you didn't take it but have some good riding experience then by all means take the advanced course. It will reinforce good riding habits. If you did take the initial course but haven't ridden a lot since then, go for it. If you took the beginner course and have ridden a lot of miles (and are comfortable with your development) then it's a judgment call. They focus a lot on road awareness and accident avoidance - valuable things to keep in mind.

Did I just confuse things more? ;)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i used to ride off road a lot. in college a friend had a Harley FLH that i rode quite a bit. then i didn't ride for a few years. when i decided i wanted to ride again. at that point i took the begginers course becuase it had been awhile and I had never had any formalized training on street riding. after that i got a beater bike and rode it about 1,800 miles. just got a new 2004 R6 a week or so ago (and no speeding tickets, yet). i'm prolly going to take the advanced course sometime in the near future (i'm still such a beginner though!)...but was just curious to hear some reviews of it. thanks for your input!

-chr|s sedition

1 - 3 of 3 Posts