Sportbike World banner

Adidas commercial...

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Squidwannabe 
#1 ·
Has anybody seen that shi*ty *Adidas* commercial that has Kobe Bryant's stunt double riding a Ducati 900SS through the streets of L.A.? Nice exhaust note on that twin. Sounds a lot like a GSXR!

That is so gay (no offense to Pete and RCJohn)!!!

G
#3 ·
CBR Brutha said:
Yeah bro I saw it just last night. I love the bike's color and sound, but the commercial is kinda lame.
Hey Doofus :D , I do believe Paul was being sarcastic about the sound, i.e., the exhaust note of an in-line four was dubbed in for the Ducati. Never, ever, get anything wrong about Ducati! Paul is sensitive like that. ;)

G
#4 ·
Pete said:
CBR Brutha said:
Yeah bro I saw it just last night. I love the bike's color and sound, but the commercial is kinda lame.
Hey Doofus :D , I do believe Paul was being sarcastic about the sound, i.e., the exhaust note of an in-line four was dubbed in for the Ducati. Never, ever, get anything wrong about Ducati! Paul is sensitive like that. ;)
Brutha,

Are you gonna let Pete diss you like that ?? I'd bitch slap his ass! He liked the gsxrss's sound Pete ... Nothing wrong with that :D;)

#5 ·
Pete said:
CBR Brutha said:
Correction: Not a doofus. See, I know they dubbed in the sound, and I also know that it was a inline-4. I was serious about the color, joking about the sound. It sounds good, but definitely not a twin. Guess the lack of smilies is what killed me, huh?

>Squid: how'd I do at covering my ass?<

G
#13 ·
LEDSLED said:
It's enough to make you boycott Addidas.If I was a honcho at Ducati I'd have somebodies ass in a ringer for letting em deface the bike.After all Ducati was trying to pull a Harley and patent the Ducati "sound".
I know! Isn't that pathetic ? Why would Ducati even try after Harley failed ?

#18 ·
I just want you to know, I loved the ad. I have only seen it once when I was at a bar and there was no volume so I couldn't hear the exhaust, but I will have you know the 900SS looks better in yellow. If Robert could get this site working correctly :) :) and get the bike info back on the left side you would know that Kobe's stunt double and I ride the same bike. You guys are all just jealous cause they didn't use your bikes!
PS I can jump my bike way further than Kobe!

#19 ·
You guys, that is NOT a Ducati! That is a Suzuki Katana! Im serious! And it is a crappy dumbass commercial anyways with him blasting between traffic and jumping and all and then he hops off with his Helmet, gloves, jacket, pants and uh..... TENNIES! Ya, thats real good for the sport

#21 ·
Bla Bla Bla

We have to realize that the comercial was probably intended to impress the general public and not us.

Now of course some of that general public will probably go and buy some addidas and a Duc, find out what the Duc cost and buy a Katana and crash it. Therefore adding to the, "Those things are death machines" statistics.

No offense to Kat owners, I just picked it out of the blue. :D

----------------------------------------------------------------
1999 R6
1996 EX-500 (Fastest bike in the world)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.