Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else completely addicted to their bike? I wasn't prepared for this... Why didn't you guys warn me?! I have to ride it like every free second I get, and if I'm not riding it I'm thinking about riding it or cleaning it... My friends that don't ride are all mad at me 'cause I won't hang out with them. Is this normal or do I have an unhealthy relationship with my bike?? :D

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I think it'll wear off slightly after a while. It took a few months for me to finally get over the fact that I had a bike, and could go out and feel that freedom whenever I wanted to.

It tends to happen every time you get a new bike as well. I'm still drooling over the Duc, and I can only imagine my giddyness when I can afford a 1098.

I have found that I'm spending an awful lot of time cleaning the bikes now that I've got stands. My wheels are cleaner than they've ever been, and the chain's in better shape than when I put it on. I had my shifter off the other day, and had to fight the urge to change to a racing shift pattern. The last thing I need to do is blow up the motor cause I downshifted at redline.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, after 30 + years I still eat, breathe, and sleep motorcycles.
That makes me feel better... I didn't want to mention I was having dreams about riding it too. :eek:

I've spent over 20 hours riding since I got off work Friday and it's still not enough. Though my arms may fall off soon...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it'll wear off slightly after a while. It took a few months for me to finally get over the fact that I had a bike, and could go out and feel that freedom whenever I wanted to.

It tends to happen every time you get a new bike as well. I'm still drooling over the Duc, and I can only imagine my giddyness when I can afford a 1098.

I have found that I'm spending an awful lot of time cleaning the bikes now that I've got stands. My wheels are cleaner than they've ever been, and the chain's in better shape than when I put it on. I had my shifter off the other day, and had to fight the urge to change to a racing shift pattern. The last thing I need to do is blow up the motor cause I downshifted at redline.
Do you use one of those little brush thingies on your chain? j/w

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
That makes me feel better... I didn't want to mention I was having dreams about riding it too. :eek:

I've spent over 20 hours riding since I got off work Friday and it's still not enough. Though my arms may fall off soon...
Ease up on the grips Hercules.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Do you use one of those little brush thingies on your chain? j/w
Nope, I spray some WD-40 on a rag, and turn the wheel and wipe all the grease and grime off of both sides. Then I start it up, pop it in gear and spray the lube on there and let it sit for a few minutes (if I'm going riding).

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ease up on the grips Hercules.
Damnit boy, I was going easy on them. My little arms can only take so much before they get sore. My death grip has faded a lot but I'm just not use to riding a lot I guess. My ass is sore too, does that mean I was sitting too hard? :p

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Damnit boy, I was going easy on them. My little arms can only take so much before they get sore. My death grip has faded a lot but I'm just not use to riding a lot I guess. My ass is sore too, does that mean I was sitting too hard? :p
Yes. If you were hitting up twisties, you should be leaning a little off the bike, and thus not giving your ass enough time to get sore. Methinks you were tooling up and down main street all weekend :twofinger

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. If you were hitting up twisties, you should be leaning a little off the bike, and thus not giving your ass enough time to get sore. Methinks you were tooling up and down main street all weekend :twofinger
LMAO! Oh that's just wrong! :twofinger You're such a jerk...

For your information junior, I did no such thing. Perhaps I sit the wrong way but trust me, I would have bought a prettier bike if I was just going to go 25mph and show off all day. You know better anyways.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In fact, maybe I would buy a Duc...

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
LMAO! Oh that's just wrong! :twofinger You're such a jerk...
Apparently. I need to watch what I say before I run off another member :D

For your information junior, I did no such thing. Perhaps I sit the wrong way but trust me, I would have bought a prettier bike if I was just going to go 25mph and show off all day. You know better anyways.
Just gotta give you a bit of ribbing every now and then, make sure you're not gettin soft in your old age :twofinger

In fact, maybe I would buy a Duc...
Zing!!! Wow, that hurt.

Seriously, you won't get much argument from me that Ducs are an ideal poser bike because of their supermodel looks, and outrageous srp. Makes me sick when I go into the dealership and see some tool getting ready to buy a 1098. I just want to walk up and (right in front of him, of course) lean down and apologize to the bike that despite having been made to be pushed to the limit, it will probably sit in a garage and barely get used for the remainder of its short life.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seriously, you won't get much argument from me that Ducs are an ideal poser bike because of their supermodel looks, and outrageous srp. Makes me sick when I go into the dealership and see some tool getting ready to buy a 1098. I just want to walk up and (right in front of him, of course) lean down and apologize to the bike that despite having been made to be pushed to the limit, it will probably sit in a garage and barely get used for the remainder of its short life.

lol :D Around here the 'in' bike is the gsx really. It's like the ghetto fad (and I'm not ragging on yours, btw). Must have been in a rap video...

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Gixxers are a squid bike, no doubt about it. But if you bothered to do your homework, you'll realize that I did not buy it because of image, brand loyalty, or any other reason than the price. That being said, not once in the 3 years I have owned it have I regretted buying it. It may not have the grunt of a 636 (never went head to head with one) but it certainly holds its own against other 600's, and I can keep up with liter bikes in the twisties without any trouble whatsoever.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gixxers are a squid bike, no doubt about it. But if you bothered to do your homework, you'll realize that I did not buy it because of image, brand loyalty, or any other reason than the price. That being said, not once in the 3 years I have owned it have I regretted buying it. It may not have the grunt of a 636 (never went head to head with one) but it certainly holds its own against other 600's, and I can keep up with liter bikes in the twisties without any trouble whatsoever.
Oh you're grumpy today, for sure. I said I wasn't talking about yours no need to be defensive. And why would I waste my time researching a big boy bike when I needed the baby version? :p

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Oh you're grumpy today, for sure. I said I wasn't talking about yours no need to be defensive. And why would I waste my time researching a big boy bike when I needed the baby version? :p
Lol, sorry. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night so I'm taking it out on everybody today. I'll try to be nice once the Monster kicks in.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol, sorry. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night so I'm taking it out on everybody today. I'll try to be nice once the Monster kicks in.
Yeah I think you're cut off until that happens. And don't act like you don't care... :twofinger

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Yeah I think you're cut off until that happens. And don't act like you don't care... :twofinger
Of course I care. Without you here to pick on, I lose most of my entertainment until I get off work, at which time the bikes provide an ample amount.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts