Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
BS

Yeah, that really is a load of bullshit. Oops- hope I don't get arrested now!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have told a lot of people, if you want to get into brewing beer, just let me know, anyone (of legal drinking age) is welcome to come over while I brew, and if I have some available, more than welcome to take part in the spoils of brewing!

If someone was thinking they wanted to get into brewing (extract, not all grain) you are more than welcome to use my equipment (just incase you don't really want to do it.) I get at least a 6pac out of your batch! All you do is buy the ingredients.

I sure wish I could spell!

Maybe one of these days I'll just post up a new thread when I'm getting ready to brew

Ok, back on topic.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Beer? that is almost as good as BEWBIES////////and FTW and their stupid tickets......what a bunch of crap

·
Registered
399 Posts
hellsnat said:
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have told a lot of people, if you want to get into brewing beer, just let me know, anyone (of legal drinking age) is welcome to come over while I brew, and if I have some available, more than welcome to take part in the spoils of brewing!

If someone was thinking they wanted to get into brewing (extract, not all grain) you are more than welcome to use my equipment (just incase you don't really want to do it.) I get at least a 6pac out of your batch! All you do is buy the ingredients.

Maybe one of these days I'll just post up a new thread when I'm getting ready to brew

Ok, back on topic.
Same offer stands over here on the west side. Extract or all grain, as I do both. I'll be brewing the week of 7/17 after work some day.

Last night I got the results from my club's competition... 2nd and 3rd place for 2 of the 3 beers that I entered!! :D

Kevin

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ha, I pulled the same stunt in flint when they gave me a ticket for parking on the grass next to our garage. Apparently flint is high class society and cars parked neatly next to the garage because we have 5 cars in a 2 car driveway is an eyesore. The only difference is mine read F-ing B-Shit.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Bigmatt said:
F-ing B-Shit.
:laughing:

I'm glad you censored the word "bull", we wouldn't want people to get offended here. :thumb:

·
Registered
282 Posts
hellsnat said:

Ok, back on topic.

I have always wanted to brew a friend turned me on to it. He would leave me present on the front porch, not turds, but Sixers. I also want to start making mead any tips for an aspiring brew master?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Karmastuntra said:
I have always wanted to brew a friend turned me on to it. He would leave me present on the front porch, not turds, but Sixers. I also want to start making mead any tips for an aspiring brew master?
Read, observe others, clean your shit, and use quality ingredients.

Pretty easy to make good beer and mead (Ciders I'm still working on!)

Kevin

·
Registered
399 Posts
hellsnat said:
What did you enter?
Entered a Kolsch, Hefe-weizen, and American amber. Kolsch and Hefe took 2nd and 3rd place to an AWESOME smoked porter. The amber is a bit thin, as my temperature control was pretty much non-existant, so temps during the mash were all over the map.

All ferments were pretty cool temp, so the beers turned out quite clean. I'm very happy with all three (still need to keg the fourth that I brewed that day! Its my first attempt at a Saison.)

Kevin

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Karmastuntra said:
I also want to start making mead any tips for an aspiring brew master?
Don't start Mead unless you have some serious patients, and a whole lot of help.

Good Mead takes about a year from pot to glass. And experience will better your chances for it to turn out good.

As far as tips, find a local brew club and go to a couple of meetings. Good brew clubs will have plenty of knowledge and will be more than happy to help you brew your first batch with a members equipment. That's just the way it works.

If you were near me, I'd have you come on over for a brew day.

If your a budlight drinker it isn't worth it. But if you like quality beer, it's sooooooo worth your while. And trust me, your pallet (sp) will change. You can make what ever you want. And don't start brewing to someone else's taste, brew for yourself. You will learn much faster. Do what "YOU" like.

It's a blast, and the best part is when someone comes over and sees the equipment and says something to the effect. "Are you sure your not cooking Meth down here?" It's like a science project. LOL

·
Registered
185 Posts
My brother-in-law is the brew mester(sp) at Dark Horse brewery and pub in Marshall, MI. if you guys want a tour just stop in and ask they also offer samples at the bar.

·
Registered
399 Posts
hellsnat said:

Good Mead takes about a year from pot to glass.
I've got two meads on tap right now. One is about 8 years old, the other is about 2 years. Mead definately tests your patience!

Kevin

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
919rider said:
I've got two meads on tap right now. One is about 8 years old, the other is about 2 years. Mead definately tests your patience!

Kevin
And what was your address again? LOL

I'll have a Vanilla Bean Porter on tap tomorrow, and have to bottle what I call "The Man's Beer"

Then brewing up 20 gallons of wheat.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If someone has the mead I am down for a good ole fashion Viking BBQ. Whole bbq turkey and pork roasted on spit. Seriously I would love even a small bottle of mead willing to barter or pay for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts