Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey bros I have rode atvs and such for years and have been researching sport bikes latley. I have decided on a 600 for my first bike after careful consideration. Now that I have found a good deal (I think) I was hoping to get approval from the boards members.

Price $3500

Here's the bikes stats:
2004 YZF R6 LIMITED EDITION
Miles: 700
SEVERAL MODIFICATIONS INCLUDING A SPORT TECH CHROME WINDSHILD(ALSO HAVE FACTORY)PRO TEK CHROME BRAKE RESERVOIR COVER CHROME DIP STICK CHROME D&D SLIP ON EXHAUST THAT SOUNDS VERY GOOD(ALSO HAVE FACTORY)A KEITI TANK PROTECTOR CHROME PRO GRIP GAS CAP COVER SHAVED UNDERTAIL I TUCKED THE MIRRORS BEHIND THE WINDSHIELD FOR A SLEEKER LOOK CUSTOM TURN SIGNALS AND RUNNING LIGHTS ALSO YOU WILL GET 2 MEDIUM HJC MATCHING HELMETS WITH CHROME SHIELDS(ALSO HAVE CLEAR) ALSO YOU WILL GET A MATCHING LEATHER FACTORY YAMAHA RIDING COAT

-FREE SHIPPING
-Clear Title,Warranty,all papers to register the bike
-US mode with US specs

SO, thoughts? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
53 Posts
ok i dont know much about bikes but im 100% positive its a scammer is it off of ebay or somewhere thats far away.

·
Registered
526 Posts
scam

definately sounds like a scam tell them you want to come see it and the title. And you probably wont hear from them again

·
Registered
25 Posts
Scam

Deffinitely ask to see papers and possibly test ride. If you're not close ask someone to inspect it for you thats in the area. I almost ran into the same thing off of this site. I got so much misinformation from the guy I told him to :finger: off!

·
Registered
217 Posts
if youre buying like that....make him send you some pictures to where you know he's legit (i.e. take a pic with a happy meal on the tank)

by the looks of it, that thing is wadded up, or its a scam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input, I'll do that. I just hope everything pans out but, you know if its too good to be true....

·
Registered
61 Posts
TGTBT

To good to be true of course.
Realistically 3500.00 dollar R6 you will be looking at 1999-2001 range depending on condition/mileage. Be careful, everyone wants your money!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"I will sell the bike to you for $3500 last price.You still have 3
years warranty at any yamaha dealer in the world.I will ship the bike
with 2 helmets and jackets,with clear title and all the stuff that i
have with it.

This transaction will be made through eBayMotors protection program
and you can be 100% sure of this deal.I will not have the money until
you will receive and inspect your bike.I can ship the bike to your
door in 4 days after the payment is confirmed.So if you want to buy
it please give me your full name,telephone number and address to
start a transaction with you via eBay protection program."

Thoughts?

·
Registered
217 Posts
i would look into the ebay protection thing. if its anything outside of the country, ebay wont do anything. and it sounds like the bike is outside of the country (us model with us specs).

look into the disclaimer that ebay has on their site. id look for another bike. if you want to gamble $3500, its your call....but i dont think anyone here is going to say go for it.

there's no way that any 2004 race rep is going to go for 3500 unless its wadded up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input guys. I searched a little bit on the net and found him offering the exact same bike under a different, email, address and name. So i call bs and gave up. Looks like I'll just have to go bike shopping around my town.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well, now that we have it established that it's a scam, let's move on to issue B.

A 600cc sportbike (especially the R6) is pretty risky for a first bike. I reccomend reading Smitty's post on this subject here. Search this forum for "beginner bike" or something similar to find more info on the subject. for $3500, you can find a decent ninja 500. Otherwise, good luck finding a good bike, and be weary of such scams.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts