Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi gents and gals,

Well.... I have had an itch to pay off all my bills so selling the bike was a good way to make a big dent. I know..I know...a true sin!!:eek: :)

Any way. Within a couple years I want something that meets the following criteria:

*Performs well
*Comfy for all day riding
*Comfy for 2.
*Reliable (this eliminates Buells)
*Will run a long time with proper maintenance
*Under $15,000

I was considering buying another Hayabusa. I had 16k flawless miles on a `Busa but don't really want the temptation to race low flying planes! And it's too tight for a passenger over 5'8". Going back to a gixxer isn't really the best either for 2 people.

A lot of people ride a lot of different bikes here and I would appreciate anyone's recomendations so I may start saving up money for my future purchase.

Thanks to all!!!:cool:

Be Safe..........

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
keeping the 6 as well?

if so, aprilia futura is the way to go. dead-reliable motor, great windprotection, comfy. there's a mille hidden under the saddle bags. seems great for a passenger. my friend has one and he loves the thing. at first, i thought it looked silly, but in dark blue it's quite attractive.

the vfr800 is another choice, but the futura just seems way cooler to me.

cheaper yet, the kawi connie. check out cog.
=============================
selling the 6?

i think you know the answer...can you say "hello busa"...make that hayabusa. :)

yeah, i know that's not funny.

the bandito sounds interesting. as does the zxr1200.

but if the 6 is gonna, a zx9r might be a good choice. comfy, but still a sportbike.

and of course the vfr kinda makes this list as well. it does sportbike things too.

the aprilia falco or futura, look at which is better for you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have you thought about a sport tourer of some kind? With the ST1100 Honda and the new 1300 Yamaha, it seems that this might be the ticket for you. A little of both worlds so to speak. I know that their not "true" sport bikes, but I've heard a lot of people really like them. Just my opinion, but something you might consider.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts