Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is what I am seeing on this board. Makes one wonder who will come back when Spring riding arrives?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Me too Smitty. I've only rode once in the past 4 months due to my wreck - shattered wrist. Still I like to keep up on what everyone else is doing. Seems to have just died around here this week. I would think now is the time to do mods and work on your bike since you can't ride, well most can't.

So where is everyone???

-M-

·
Registered
376 Posts
yeah, everyone seems to be staying away from the site for whatever reason...i'm a lot busier now...that's my excuse. but i still make a few posts. :D

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Meh, I don't have much on rides since I crashed mine. Interested in the workings of others, though.

Does anyone else feel like this is an annual thread? Of course, it does seem more dead than in the past, but maybe that's just lack of a good memory.

·
Registered
447 Posts
i know iam new to this site but iam on here alot now that i know it is here and there is a lot of good info here. i might even meet some new people to ride with this year, up till now i either rode alone or with just a few friends and considering the season here is not as long in other places i try to get as much in when i can. i do see alot of posts here and if it slow i would hate to see it normal would be reading alot hehehe.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey! I just wired up my winter bike for my new Gerbing heated jacket. No need to wait for spring to ride, I ride (a kick-start bike, even!) in Michigan year-round! :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
I haven't posted much here in a while. Still drop in just about every day, though.

It's odd that site traffic always drops off during the winter months. You'd think it would pick up as there are so many of us that just can't get out and ride in the winter due to weather or whatever. But it's not just this site. Seems that they are all that way.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im sort of new to the site also, I usually only reply or post when someone else does, and I can help out or give advice. But that doesnt happen often so =/

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I've been busy and was away with family Christmas week.

What I think might be new news is I'm working on putting the CBR 1000F back on the road. You remember I crashed it last July, yes?

I happened upon all of the mechanical parts I needed on E-Bay. The things that I didn't already have spares of like a swing arm, clutch master, handlebar, rear caliper bracket, left handlebar switch assembly, flawless seat, etc. Got the lot for $250 in very good to excellent shape which makes the whole thing worth fixing. I'll know for sure if it's a go after I get the rear assembly onto the main frame so I can take absolute measurements and give it a test ride. The parts just got here this week.

I'll need to find a stock exhaust, which shouldn't be too hard, and I'd still like to find a cherry tank as they're expensive even with super deals. With the pricing I'm getting though, it won't bust the bank even if I have to buy everything else I need new. It should be back looking even better than before the crash! Here's hoping the next few weeks go as planned.:thumb: :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I am here. The cold winter days have slowed down my riding. I put my bike away for the rest of the winter. I still look around for new posts though.

·
Registered
423 Posts
its hard to post when your beloved bike is hibernating for the WI winter. But beleve me there is no shortage of interest in sportbikes here!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
No shortage of interest on my part... just too cold and icy to go riding. I have been spending a good chunk of my time on TLF (firearm forum) researching future purchases. When spring rolls around, I will be back to updating my website with 100s of new pictures each weekend, just like I always have.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice to hear you regulars to even a few new-members are still thinking of m/cing. So there is future for you if you give it some consideration.

Dad, pleased to know what steps you are going out to put the other bike back into almost new form again. You might put down the milage you had on the bike before the incident for it still perks up my spiriits.

Still of interest on my way to open up the h/gun indoor range at 10:15am around 10:30 I could not believe there was a bike coming up behind me. The road was wet to quite icy---like almost black ice on the sides. Yet the V-Strom or however they spell it went by me in a 60kph zone at around 70 to 75kph wet crap coming from his rear wheel. I just hoped to gosh he did not get to the edges of the road. Brave sole I must admit.

At the range one h/gun target shooter asked me around what time did some of us start to ride & I said it was "--early to mid-March" so he said " Then others will be rolling on mid-April " & I agreed with him. Mind you I am the only rider & of all things the oldest h/gun shooter though several also in retired age, but none as crazy as to be riding a m/c let alone sportbikes.

So we are not young whips. Though Robert McDonald is thinking of comming back as does a new chap & both of the younger generation being in their late 30s to early 40. Oh yes David Holmes renewed his two yr old membership & just as cheap as ever for he has owed us for past two yrs & possibly held back for a 65 yrs of age the cost goes from $60.00 down to $35.00. Sometimes I have to wonder about those that pinch pennies that hard that they loose out on the sport/hobby.

·
Registered
515 Posts
i read this and it just inspires me to go out more often and take advantage of sunny southern california :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm in New England, so my bike probably isn't going to be ridden for another few months.

However, I'm looking foward to doing my first track day this summer! Haven't scheduled it yet, but I'm itching to give it a shot.

·
Registered
414 Posts
ZX6R1033 how is the TFL forum. I have been looking to join a firearm forum but could not make up my mind as to which one. I have just recently started my firearm hobby. Can't wait till spring so I can buy a new firearm go to the range ;) AND RIDE MY BIKE OF COURSE! ;) I hate the cold. I really need a winter hobby. I took my bike out the other day when it was only 27 degrees just for a short ride. I couldn't resist

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Smitty said:
Nice to hear you regulars to even a few new-members are still thinking of m/cing. So there is future for you if you give it some consideration.

Dad, pleased to know what steps you are going out to put the other bike back into almost new form again. You might put down the milage you had on the bike before the incident for it still perks up my spiriits.

Smitty, it's at 122,000 miles and change.;) Reading 120,000+ but has an additional 2,000 not showing from three different speedo failures. One was the cable and twice a little plastic coupler that drives off the hex of the front sprocket retainer bolt. At that mileage though, 2,000 could probably be accepted as a rounding error.;)

It's been an excellent bike and I still get a thrill every time I ride it. The all around capabilities are what impress me every time I head out on a 500 mile day ride.:thumb: Comfortable for cruising and still amazingly capable when it's time to "get busy".:)

Hang tight, spring's just around the corner.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I'm just lurking. Hope to make some more progress with my bike soon though, ordered a gasket kit and have been cleaning up the transmission.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts