Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a new trivia for you :)
It was getting kind of quite here lately :(
Can you find what is the bike in the picture below?
I know the picture is not so good, but for the moment we re limited to 500X500 pixels.

Aris

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
It looks like a SOHC Honda four, but that's too easy. I'll guess a Benelli of some kind. Their knock-off of the Honda engine was almost a dead ringer. One model was the "750 Sei", an inline six (sei is Italian for six) that was basically a Honda 500 with a couple extra jugs inserted.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vfroger got it right!
You guys have actually seen this bike?
Robert owned one!! Well I suppose an automatic won't be really be a rocket off the line...
Robert do you by any chance have a picture riding it? :D
We have never seen them in Europe, it was a design for the US market.
Datadan, it really was too easy this time :)

Aris

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
ariszr7 said:
Robert do you by any chance have a picture riding it? :D
I'm sure I've got one somewhere, it was my first real "street bike". My dad bought a used one for me with I turned 15 (1981) My younger brother had a RD400 and he would spank my ass. (Damn I hated that!)

I'll have to dig through my boxes this weekend.

·
Registered
580 Posts
My friend had one of those that we used to ride around all the time for a year or so. It died after jumping dirt mounds in a cornfield and he left it there. It had two gears and the left instrument pod had lights to tell you what gear you were in. Im not sure but I think it was 400 ??? I see that the one in the picture is a 750 but maybe they made a smaller model. It was definitely not fast, kind of like an overgrown Honda 50.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts