Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of these and find them to be crap. The durability is horrid, after only 5 months of riding they are starting to fall apart and glue is giving away along the sole.

I may have to bite the bullet and pick up a pair of Alpine Stars next.

Probis

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
should of bought those Alpinestars in the first place :D Did you know that Alpinestars will be offering full leathers around March time frame. I can't what to see what there suites will look like.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they were 1/2 the price, but I'm sure that AP Stars will last longer then 5mo. Everything's 20-20 I guess... :(

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Which model of boot did you get? That's good to get feedback about the crappy products out there, and not just the good stuff everyone raves about.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Model of crappy boot...

Unfortunately they don't say the model anywhere on the boot, and I didn't keep the the reciept. They simply say 'Joe rocket' and 'Made in Pakistan'

I guess the spidey sense should have tingled on that one :)

At any rate, this has soured my view on their entire product line - like most things, you get what you pay for. At least my suit is Spyke (and holding up well)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like the Sidi motorsport boots. They are a couple of years lod now and are still in great shape. Haven't tried either Alpinestar or Joe Rocket. Anyone have any good experience with AGV or Gericke boots?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Re: Model of crappy boot...

Probis said:

I guess the spidey sense should have tingled on that one :)

LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D

At any rate, this has soured my view on their entire product line - like most things, you get what you pay for. At least my suit is Spyke (and holding up well)
I have SIDI On Road Sympatex boots. They're excellent boots for everyday riding.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I've got some AGV "waterproof touring boots". Loved them at first, but after one season they're falling apart at the seams. Unfortunately good boots cost around $200- Sidi, Fieldsheer, Alpinestars are a good bet.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I bought some Alpinestarts SMX boots. I can't remember what I paid for them but they were around $200 I think. They are very comfortable and are wearing very well. My only complaint is that the hard plastic bracing/protection around the ankle on my right boot squeeks really loud when I walk around in them. It's kind of annoying but they're great while riding.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I have had my Alpinestar GPs for over a year. Comfortable and durable. I ride every day almost and wear them like sneakers. To the mall, to work, to school, etc. Mine were free, but I would have paid the $200 I have seen them for. Little less some places and a lot more in others.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looks like Alpinstar are the concensus favorites here. I see a pair of Tech Road GTX boots in the Competition Accessories catalog for around $200. Anyone have any good or bad reviews on them? They also have the GPS Boot at about $170. Also from Alpinstar. Anyone with comments on them?

·
Registered
503 Posts
military jungle boots.. i should have put some sliders on the toe.. but other than that they are holding up well & did very good in a lowside. i want some alpinstarts too.

just a note about leather anything from pakistan.. when i 1st started airbrushing the owner of the store i painted in told me to never buy leather from pakistan.. its cheap leather & doesnt hold up or last long. he was a big bull sh!tter so i dont know how much truth that holds.. just some food for thought.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Prexports

I picked up a pair of Prexports a few months ago, and I have to say I love these boots....in appearance they are like Alpinestars, but for quality, I don't think I've had them long enough to make an educated statement. They are very comfortable, fit well around the calf and ankle and have some great windflow on them...My only complaints thus far are the ease at which the sliders can come off. I've tried stupid glue (super), and that wore off after about a month...so I'm gonna find some other adhesive I think...

Anyway I picked them up from Newenough.com at a pretty decent discount since they were discontinued, and for what I paid (about $190) I love them.

WIll

·
Registered
517 Posts
rponiarski said:
Looks like Alpinstar are the concensus favorites here. I see a pair of Tech Road GTX boots in the Competition Accessories catalog for around $200. Anyone have any good or bad reviews on them? They also have the GPS Boot at about $170. Also from Alpinstar. Anyone with comments on them?
I have a pair of the Alpinstars GPS boots. Had them for a little over a year and so far, so good. They don't have all the bells and whistles as some others, but I like them well enough. Looking back, though, I should have paid a few bucks more for something with sturdier protection. I dig the Doohan reps. Most importantly, they would match my helmet:rolleyes:.

G

·
sidi boots

i have a pair of SIDI boots. They are the step down from the Vertebrae boots. I love them. You can get away with wearing them under a pair of jeans and not looking like a freak. They are all black, waterproof. I think they were close to 200$.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Scotty, why do you think you should have gone with a higher end boot than the GPS? What is so bad about the protection? Looks good in the catalogs.

Gmax, which Sidi boot are you talking about? I saw the Dry Rider and it looks interesting and is in the price range I want to spend.

·
Registered
517 Posts
rponiarski said:
Scotty, why do you think you should have gone with a higher end boot than the GPS? What is so bad about the protection? Looks good in the catalogs.
There really isn't any protection on the outside of the foot, just a thin (real thin) pad of leather at the toe box. On the shin it has some kind of hard foam, but nothing substantial, and the ankle protection is just a bit of rubber. Still, they were better than the other boots I checked out in that price range and they work great for me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
No track use for these boots. Just a little extra protection on the road compared to me Moto Sport short boots. And I know the Sidi's are comfortable, which is a definate plus...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts