Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Die hard SBN member here, but wanted to post the links to a preview I hope you all will enjoy. If this isn't allowed, no hard feelings if the admins delete it. A little insight...this isn't another stunt video :D 3 flavors, low, medium and high res. A quick warning, the high res (640x480, 30fps, 2mbp/s video rate, 192 audio, 24bit color) flavor takes some processing power. My 450 AMD won't even play it. My 600 PIII plays it ok. Yeah, I know...I need a new computer :-/ Trust me, it's not for lack of desire :D

Low res:
http://www.spatulahead.com/clayfbusa/pics/LeanAngle/LeanAngleLow.wmv 21.6 mb

Medium res:
http://www.spatulahead.com/clayfbusa/pics/LeanAngle/LeanAngle.wmv 46.8 mb

High res:
http://www.spatulahead.com/clayfbusa/pics/LeanAngle/LeanAngleHigh.wmv 63.5 mb

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The tight spots sure look like Deal's Gap???
If so, you guys are gonna die hugging the center line like that. I'm impressed you refrained from wheelies and burnouts, but going by cars at 160+ on a 2-lane road is every bit as squidly. Otherwise, some impressive riding and probably the best video quality I've seen.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Tristan said:

... going by cars at 160+ on a 2-lane road is every bit as squidly...
Possibly toggled to kilometers?:confused: :)

That's fun riding :D... not another wheelie and stoppie, let's see how many people we can piss off, video.:hurl: :hurl: :barf:

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Nice video, but I think if you hang your asses off the bikes any farther just to try and get your knee down your going to fall off the bikes. ;)

Nice effects though, and yes..... Nice to see a video without a bunch of wheelies and stoppies for a change.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Great Video! The effect were really good too. I want some of those sparkling sliders :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Robert said:
Nice video, but I think if you hang your asses off the bikes any farther just to try and get your knee down your going to fall off the bikes. ;)
Hmmm, only got one cheek off there :-/ Standard style as far as I know. Don't worry...not all the sparks are from the knee pucks ;)

I actually take pride that this vid is different. All vids now-a-days are about stunts. There's few american made vids that's simply about hard riding. The way I see it, there's 2 extremes in sportbikes. 1 is stunts, the other is hard riding. This vid is all about the other side that I just don't see much of...hard riding :D I applaud the stunters out there, because they do things that few of us can do well. But everyone is coming out with stunt videos now. I just wanted to get back to basics with this vid :D

No Kilometers...if I only had a nickel every time I heard that one! LOL

Tristan, thanx for your worries. But what the camera shows is a bit different. We actually pride ourselves in keeping it in our own lane. We do cross the yellow line when the line of sight allows, but NEVER do it on purpose where there's a chance of being hit. Of course, you can't ride HARD on the road without some amount of risk. There will be some track riding in the full release next year :D Also, that one little high speed bit was on a fairly issolated stretch of interstate...you'll notice I wasn't exactly passing cars left and right ;)

P

·
0 Posts
clays929 said:

Hmmm, only got one cheek off there :-/ Standard style as far as I know.
Clay, I think Robert was referring to the fact that there are some corners where it's very obvious the riders are only touching a knee down just for "show." Regardless, excellent work on the video.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pete said:

Clay, I think Robert was referring to the fact that there are some corners where it's very obvious the riders are only touching a knee down just for "show." Regardless, excellent work on the video.
Oh...hehe, yeah we're purposely showing off for the camera, no doubt about it. I honestly only lay the puck down maybe 3 or 4 times in a run through Deal's Gap and such. But when it comes time for the camera, we stick the leg out a little more ;)

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
clays929 said:

Oh...hehe, yeah we're purposely showing off for the camera, no doubt about it. I honestly only lay the puck down maybe 3 or 4 times in a run through Deal's Gap and such. But when it comes time for the camera, we stick the leg out a little more ;)
heh, and there is nothing wrong with that at all. ;)

Just remember, my only bad wreck on the street was showing off for the evil video camera. ;)

P.S. Let me know when the video is out, I'd be interested in buying a copy.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Nice video...ain't we all suckers for the purty pictures! :D
I'm a gettin' a little tired of shoveling snow, and the house is starting to look pretty darn clean (for a bachelor pad), so it's a nice break for us folks developing a case of cabin fever during these snowstorms. Methinks I actually heard the 6R fire up as I was rocking the house watching!
I'm a'gonna' put on my video critic hat here :rolleyes: ...I thought it would be nice to hear the bike's pipes come through a bit more. Could pick 'em out a bit through some of the Deals Gap sections. Twins be damned (well, maybe a Ducati by itself at full tilt 'round Daytona), I still think an inline 4 with a nice pipe makes some sweet music...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Loved the video, Bro! I wish that regular cable, (i.e. Speedvision) would air stuff like I can now get on my cable modem!:D

That was great quality!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanx for all the compliments. I'm surprised I haven't heard more criticism! Posted this on a few car boards...one fella's already given me advice on how to ride "properly" :rolleyes: I'm no pro, just a guy with a camcorder who is blessed with some great roads! (I live down da road from the Appalaichan and Smokey mountains :D) The real deal will have some track footage on it...and some simply never before seen shots and angles. I'll try to release one more preview around mid summer before the real deal hits the shelves!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyed the video, cant wait to see more.
Unfortunately, when I showed it to my G.F., to
give her an idea of what I (try to) do when out
riding, all she could say was "so what, he's
gonna go around another corner, big deal", and, "You dont really go that fast, do you?" "I'm bored, I'm going to go watch more T.V."....LMAO!;) :D

She just could not get it........

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL. Guess I'm lucky in that I have a girl that not only loves watching... but flims me doing it as well :D (She's got her own sportbike as well...)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts