Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! It's nice to belong to a sportbike community! Even if it's only online. I'm livin' in a little town called Cool in Northern California. My ride is a 98 zx9r, it's been a great ride for the past three years, but it's time for some work, like suspension mainly, I've piled 24,000 on the stock stuff but now I can notice that their tired! If I could only convice my wife that ohlins is a must! ha ha Well later all,

Krazx9r

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
From one 98ZX9R owner to another, welcome to Sportbike World bro. :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Welcome!!

Hiya!!!
You should feel right at home here...lottsa 'Saki owners and sportbike nuts!!

Jim

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You betcha Kawboy!

It's still makes me smile everytime I peg the throttle!:) They do "freakin' rock! :D I'm so glad I waited a little longer to finally get a bike. :D I almost settled for a '97 750 Gixxer a few months earlier. :( I somehow don't think I would have been as pleased ;)

chatcha Later,

Krazx9r

·
Registered
14 Posts
WHy? Not enough power for the street?

I think people are too fixated on specs and numbers. I know the GSXR would out handle the Kwak.

But then again i forgot that we all ride like Doohan and Schwantz....

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
DesmoDue said:
But then again i forgot that we all ride like Doohan and Schwantz....
Hey, speak for yourself! I happen to ride exactly like Doug Chandler. Nice and smooth. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Power!

Sorry desmodue didn't mean to step on your prick! Yes the gixxer would out handle the 9r on the track and in the right hands but in the twisties of the public roads I don't think it plays a role. I'm pleased with the midrange punch my bike has, the motor is a brute! In '98 it lost alot of weight and was considered one of the top three sportbikes!
That's mainly why I'm glad I waited! Is that ok with you?
Italian Stallion?

Krazx9r

·
Registered
14 Posts
hee hee...

its ok...you have my full blessings to love your zx. I think as long as your scoot makes you happy than that is all that matters.

Hey, i have fun with my lowly 2valve duc....

I almost got a zx9 actually to do the grand touring thing...but, after consideration, i don't ride for long distances that much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts