Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been around these boards off and on for about a year and a half now, and I have finally bought a bike of my own. I took the MSF class over a year ago and have been aching ever since for one. So, last monday, my sister (who is awesome) and I both bought used bikes. Mine is a 2002 blue Yamaha R6. And I have to say I love it. I've already put 500 miles on it this past week without incident and have loved getting more comfortable with it every day.

There really isn't too much else to tell except that I have loved riding, loved reading about riding on these boards, and am still completely excited about my bike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually, since my sister and I both now have bikes it would be cool if anyone in the Nashville area wanted to ride with two new riders who are taking it easy and familiarizing themselves with their bikes.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Well, congrats on the new acquisitions!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Congrats!!!! And, have any pictures of these new bikes!!!:) I'd like to see them if you have them. Be safe; and most of all - have fun!

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Congrats! :thumb:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
So you finally purchased a bike Gideon777
still as you know this is a hot trotting machine & can put you on your ear faster then you think. So take it easy.

Oh and DieSonne at the pace you are going you to might be a year before you obtain your first bike for road use.LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, it's definitely a lot of bike. But it's been very obedient and forgiving. We have a good understanding so far.

But I have to admit, I was a bit nervous riding away from the dealership. But I stayed loose, stayed calm, and stayed respectful of the bike, and everything went fine. Even having to merge into steady traffic and then riding the highway back home.

Just keep respecting the bike.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
It will believe me, but to make it even better get a stick shift. True you are accustom to ATVs, but why drive a womans cage, also for elderly people or school kids only taught how to drive at Senior High with auto this & that, when you can have a stick shift---you might like to have the pleasure of a good car even if it is old or small.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts