Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday, October 27th a member of my riders club was killed in a collision with an RV while riding at Deals Gap. It only hammers the point home that the unexpected can be around any corner and we must be aware of this and learn to expect it so that we may react.

In memory of
Jeramy Williams

I wish everyone safe riding.

Blake

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear of the tragic news. I will say a prayer for your buddy and for all of us fellow 'bikers tonight. May he ride the twisties in Heaven and may he rest in peace.

Miguel

·
Registered
865 Posts
Always horrible to hear news like this.

Best wishes to family & friends..........

·
Registered
304 Posts
It's always sad to hear of the death of a rider.

Here's an article taken from the Marysville Daily Times in Blount County:

2001-10-31
by Anna C. Irwin
of The Daily Times Staff

An Ohio man riding his motorcycle on ``The Dragon'' Saturday became Blount County's 24th traffic fatality of the year, only one short of the all-time high annual number of traffic deaths in 1990.

Trooper Phil Little of the Tennessee Highway Patrol said 37-year-old Jeremy Williams of Cincinnati was killed around 11 a.m. Saturday on the section of U.S. 129 between Tabcat Creek on the upper end of Chilhowee Lake to the North Carolina line.

The 11-mile stretch with 318 curves is known as ``The Dragon'' and is a favorite with motorcyclists across the Southeast.

Little said Williams was aboard a 2001 Kawasaki and traveling down the mountainside. The motorcycle crossed the center line and hit a 2000 Dodge Dynasty head-on as the car traveled up the mountain.

William R. Houser, 58, of Florida was at the wheel of the car with his wife Frances, 55, in the front passenger seat. Both the husband and wife were wearing seat belts and were not injured in the collision.

Little said Williams was dead at the scene. His body was taken to Blount Memorial Hospital by Rural/Metro Ambulance Service while efforts began to contact his family.

Little said there was no indication alcohol or drugs were involved in the crash.

An instant, can change many lives forever. Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. Things can turn bad quickly on that road, especially because of the non-motorcycle traffic. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts