Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who know this name... you know me from like two years ago... well FINALLY FINALLY I'm almost there.

So after my accident two years ago I couldn't get back on a bike... I was shaken by the thought of even sitting on another sportbike. After a year and a half of physical therapy and 8 epidurol (steroid) shots later. I hit a plateau in my recovery. I signed up for my class last summer but had to cancel because I didn't feel ready to try and ride my own bike yet.

Now it's almost two years after I was going to start, I'm finally in it for the long haul. About two weeks ago, my accident was settled...since then? I got my new gear-- Alpine Stars Stella jacket, KBC helmet, and a nice pair of Alpine Stars gauntlet gloves. Today must've been a lucky day... not only was I able to sneak into a riding class that starts in 5 days, but I found my first bike!!!

I still remember the advice all of you gave me... and while out just browsing I found a 1989 Honda VTR 250 Interceptor for $1899... I talked them down to 1700 with tax,title, and license fees included. =D And I bought it. Sure it's an ugly white/teal/blue/purple looking thing... but it was so in my price range and I won't worry about dumping it (versus a $7000 bike). So here's to hoping I pass the class!! And yes... I'm back for good this time! I'm so excited!!!! Always, Meijin (Also new photos of me in my album)

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Congrats, and glad you're back in the saddle! :thumb:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cold? Nah 55 and mostly sunny is awesome riding weather for early April here! lol. You get used to it. =D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was riding passenger on a friend's bike, he took curve going too fast, and we landed in a ditch! Fun fun!:mad:

·
Registered
264 Posts
That sucks. That is why I would never ride as a passenger(plus it looks gay with two guys).
Btw, nice profile photos.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
MeiJin said:
Was riding passenger on a friend's bike, he took curve going too fast, and we landed in a ditch! Fun fun!:mad:
Ouch. So would you say you are fully healed? I sure hope so!

And yeah, very nice photos ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As fully healed as my shoulder and back are going to get. :( Some days it's awesome feels like nothing ever happened; And other days it feels like it did right after the accident all over again. My doc's exact words, " You've hit a plateau... nothing more we can really do for you. You'll just have to learn to live with it." Oh well... no sense in moping about something that I can't change!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Look on the bright side, you have joined the ranks of the walking weather forcasts...

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey, where in Milwaukee are you from? I'm from Oak Creek myself. Did you get your bike out yesterday?

I was going to go to 2 wheel tuesdays last night but was too tired after I went up to Kettle to ride some twisties.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Good to see you back on the board Mel. Well you can look at the good points in that you do not want to hassel it out with us on which 600cc sportbike you should have as we suggest you cool off the sportbike & look at something like a 500cc vertical twin.

What you are doing is what we all suggest being some protective riding gear, the MSF Course & a starter bike.

I realize being in that accident scared the living crap out of you & is still in your mind plus you know nolt to ride pillion on someone elses bike & probably will be a few yrs before you let someone else ride pillion on your bike or possibly never.

All the above took was one prang. They really can be a dramatic lesson & as Vash pointed out you can also be one of the walking human weather people as so many of us other riders are. Something comming up in this are as I could feel plates & rods here & there perking up some sort of a sign about weather.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts