Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
For one thing, I think they need to look up "Street Fighter" in the motorcycle dictionary! A chopped-up, Harley-lookin' boulevard cruiser is not a street fighter!

Yecccchhh.

------------------
No Shirt -
No Shoes -
NO DICE!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Someone slap those people silly and take their wallet and mail it to me! I can find better ways to waste money than that! :D

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]ld.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know everyone hates the idea of tearing apart a perfectly good Duc to be turned into a Harley***** Well it wont be anything like a harley when completed....I promise the new frame design we are working on now may even change the way you feel about it....We didn't really like the chopped out look either, we were just working with a frame we had in stock at the time....We are building a custom frame which is still an underslung tube frame...but it will accept the stock front end, and will be much more of the street fighter we all know...We are using as many Ducati parts as possible to keep it a Duc....not just a motor in a frame...I will be posting the new frame drawings as well as the concept sketches over the next few days....I am using everyones feedback to make these changes as we go....So please keep the feedback, + or - we need to know what everyone thinks....

------------------

G

·
Um, uh, er, uh...sorry, we didn't mean what we said...uh, we were just teasing, yeah, that's right, we knew you were listening. :D

You're serious, though, that's your project???

------------------
Pete
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good. I had serious concerns you were just dropping a 916 engine in a Harley or custom cruiser frame. If you will be keeping a sportbike frame, that's cool. I'll keep an eye on your project.

I really like the Yamaha MT-01 cruiser concept bike. If I could get that with my Monster engine (or better yet a 916 engine) in it, I'd be very happy. Of course if they threw in the twin of the concept bike, I'd prolly take it without complaint ;)

------------------
- Dan

[This message has been edited by Mattrazzo (edited May 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didn't mean to scare anyone....I am monitoring everyone that visits my project site, I really do appreciate the feedback, So where else to look except for at the sources of Ducati fans,,,I do own and race Ducs, so i can appreciate everyones concern...I am working on the frame designs as we speak and there will be no other frame design like this one, even the cooling system is run through the lightweight alloy frame, hence no radiator to really speak of except small (4x7inch) a Nissan Heater Core from a 300zx under the seat with high output 12v computer fans, The Oil tank will also befit the frame, not like the one seen...So the duc will run nice and cool and have increased fluid capacities by close to 300% for maximum effect......Please stay tuned....William

------------------

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh man I almost passed out. Now I know why the towns people went after Frankenstien.

------------------
97 Ducati 916 monoposto
"Did my bike just call me a little bitch?"
Professor Crab

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I'm a little concerned that an overly priced piece of crap Ducati was used in the first place. Oh well, one less Italian sportbike poser, the better. :rolleyes:

That thing will look good with a nice Salmon colored paint job. ;)

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

·
Registered
328 Posts
That's true, they should use something like, say, an RC51 motor. There's plenty of those to spare! At Laguna, you couldn't walk 20 feet without tripping over one of those overweight, underpowered scooters posing as a superbike... :p :p :p

Right back at ya' John! :D :D :D

Hee hee hee! ;)

------------------
A fool and his money are soon partying.

G

·
Scott, LMAO at your "sportbike" comment!!!

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
AZ you're mean. :eek:

I'm fat so it makes the bike seem lighter. ;)

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey, it's all in good fun! Do we have fun here, or what!

------------------
A fool and his money are soon partying.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts