Sportbike World banner

Which sportbike is the ultimate and why?

• Honda CBR 600 F4i

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Kawasaki ZX-6E

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawasaki ZX-6R

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Suzuki Katana 600

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Suzuzki Katana 750

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Triumph tt600

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Yamaha R6

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting a poll to see which bike everyone likes the most out of this massive list(well, not that massive, but you get the point) of bikes.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good looks, fast, bullet-proof w/ regular maint.

Shit, almost forgot, I voted for the F4

Wait, almost forgot, the Kat. 600 was close - Good looks, less intense - great daily rider

·
Registered
627 Posts
Brand loyalty is the only thing this poll will show. Who's going to say their bike sucks compared to the R6:D
Sorry I couldn't resist plugging what I ride.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had to make this choice when buying my ride and I ended up choosing the RS250... Its not the size that matters its what you do with it :D

ok the law had something to do with it too I voted for the R6. Still same price range same acceleration atleast until 100mph talking about stock bikes.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Yeah, best bike for what?
But I figure considering the list, I would vote R6. That is what I would buy if given a blank check to buy a new 600 for the track.
Close second would be the GSXR

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
considering?

not really a consideration factor at all. Jus putting up some odd ball bikes wih a couple good bikes to see what really people would choose for their bike no matter what purpose.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
None of the above....go for the Blackbird!!

How can you say no to this?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes, "considering".

"Best" bike is like "best car"; a semantic null. Best for what?

Is it a first bike? A track bike? Is it going to be an only bike or do I get to keep my TL? Is it going to be a daily driver or do you get a car and the bike is a weekend fun toy? Will it get used for track days? Where do I live, what kinds of roads would I be on most of the time? How long do I ride at a stretch? Will I be carrying pax? Luggage?

All these things would influence the choice of any rational person...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry

I forgot about the awesome cbr xx , I love the bike too but it's a lil too much power in my opinion for a beginners bike. you caught me, this poll is for which bikes you guys would ride more than any other based on your opinions so I could choose the best bike once I narrow it down to three choices. So far I am leaning towards the honda. I have found that it has a 31 inch seat height, so, if I put a corbin seat on it andgetsome good boots I will definately touching my whole foot with no problems. I am still considering the 6r kawasaki. Hey did you look at corbin about bags and a really cool system they have for the cbr xx? http://www.corbin.com/honda/cbrxx_smug.shtml go to that. they have some awesome stuff for sport touring. That's the first honda I fell in love with. I will give you my story on why I never considered a honda before. A while back, a friend of my brother-in-law's wanted a sportbike. His parents wouldn't co-sign. Finally, they gave in. He picked a Honda CBR 600 for his first bike. He was riding home after work one day and ran it off the side of the freeway and died. also, there is a catch, the same guy that sold him the bike thinks it is perfectly fine for me to buy a 600 gixxer:eek: :finger: . the problem is, I wouldn't buy from him but, it is the closest dealer to my house, litteraly. It's a 2 minute drive :). I can walk from my house and be there in like a half hour;).

·
Registered
79 Posts
I voted for the R6 - in my short ride on an '02, it struck me as the most track-oriented, sharpest-handling 600 supersport. That and I like how it looks better than any of its competition.

·
Registered
231 Posts
$.02 for dat ass

JESUSE CHRIST, KESMIT! Every bike you look at is gonna have it's ups and downs. Sure the Katana 600 has less power than the other bikes, but it's not supposed to be classified w/ those bikes. Those are SUPERSPORT machines that go from the track straight to the street after they win a few races - completely different animals. The Katanas are everyday real riding machines. And since you have NO EXPERIENCE on a street bike, and you are so damn young, I would pray to God that you would buy AT MOST at Katana 600. An EX-500R is Ideal.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Robert said:
My opinions:

Street Riding Only: ZX9R

Track Riding Only: R6 or GSXR1000 (Depending on the class you are racing in)

All around (Both Street AND Track): RC51
Damn Robert, an RC51 for a street bike :eek: . Nothing beats that couch you ride for the street :D .

I'd love to have an R6 for a track bike. 'Cuz I'd just hate to see the 929 sliding down the track. No extra money though, so I'll take my chances.

·
Registered
380 Posts
No Fair!!

You put the Katana 6 and 7 in the same grouping as the R6 and F4i?? Suzuki makes a direct competitor to both of those bikes....it's a GSXR.... that would be my vote, not because I own a 1000, but because I log a lot of miles and both of the other 6's have hard seats.:eek:

PD

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
who died and made you motorcycle king?

ummmm who cares? I put these bikes like this for a reason. Yes I put both kats with the higher end super sport bikes, so what? I could put a fricken vstar in here if I wanted to. The poll isn't for race only or street only bikes. They are bikes I am interested in so I put them in here. If I wanted to make a poll of strict supersport bikes, I woulda done that. I thought we are all here to discuss our opinions on sport bikes not on someones abilities on how they ride :eek: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts