Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guyz n Galz ?? Never seen a gal on a Duc in the UK yet , well not riding it that is :) I got a 748 SPS and had a lot of work done to it (more money than sense ) If anyone needs any advice I'm sure I've probably had the work carried out :)) I use Moto Cinelli in the UK who prepare the Ducati Performance team bikes so I get to know quite a bit about them even though I'm not the handiest with a spanner :)
BTW a well prepared 748SPS is MORE than a match to a 996 and got the knee sliders to prove it :)) (stands back and waits for the sparks to fly) LOL Be safe and have fun :)

------------------

·
Registered
3 Posts
What are the changes on the SPS version of the 748? here it is the 748R.

------------------
97 Ducati 916 monoposto
"Did my bike just call me a little bitch?"
Professor Crab

[This message has been edited by ProfCrab (edited July 15, 2000).]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProfCrab:
What are the changes on the SPS version of the 748? here it is the 748R.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the delay Prof :) The weather has been too nice here :)
Right , changes to the 748 to make it an SPS ? Note this is NOT the spec that is available now , my bike is a 97 model (and the best) *smile*

a. Termi's fitted as standard

b. New chip from Ducati Performance , tuning to match , bhp increased (chip is from a 916 Senna I think )

c. Olins rear shock unit

d. Titanium con rods , uprated crank

e. Floating front discs

f. Uprated alternator

g. Carbon front and rear hugger , clutch cover , air boxes , swing arm protector

h. seat paint job :))

Round that lot off with a set of Marchesini's and you got a real problem on ya hands :)) Although I find they turn the bike in a bit too quick for my liking :)

Hope that helps , gimme a shout if ya need to know more :)

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts