Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now i mean no harm when i ask this but are all noobs as stupid as the 1 i met this weekend??? We were talking about different things and we started talking sbout wheelies. He has a 2005 gs 500....i said all you have to do is hit the back break to get it to come back down if you get scared and that dumba$$ says oh....i hit the front break i guess because its a 500 it will come back easier....my mouth just dropped i didnt know what to say.....someone that stupid shouldnt be riding a bike

comments please...:confused: :eek:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
LOL...
I had a guy explain, in detail, how his oh so powerfull front wheel drive eclipse wheelies on the front (stoppie style) when taking off at the strip...

·
Registered
624 Posts
750babe said:
ok now i mean no harm when i ask this but are all noobs as stupid as the 1 i met this weekend??? We were talking about different things and we started talking sbout wheelies. He has a 2005 gs 500....i said all you have to do is hit the back break to get it to come back down if you get scared and that dumba$$ says oh....i hit the front break i guess because its a 500 it will come back easier....my mouth just dropped i didnt know what to say.....someone that stupid shouldnt be riding a bike

Next time, ask for a demo... :laughing:

Oh yeah, and take the cash out of his wallet while you're waiting for the Ambulance. IDIOT TAX.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
750babe said:

Everyone knows that to end a wheelie you mash on the front brake while hitting the engine kill switch.

Right? :huh:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't share his practice, but it does work to a certain extent. I don't know if it's the gyroscopic affect of the front tire's rotation coming to a stop or what, but it does bring the front end down. Just like when you're throwin' big air on a MX bike; to bring the front end up, you gas it and to bring it down you pull the front brake. For me, engine braking is usually more than sufficient to bring the front end back down.

Just like Forest says...
That's all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
980 Posts
He probably just a noob who wanted to impress you because you are a female, cut the poor guy some slack. Women have the effect of making men say stupid things :p .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Humanzee said:
I don't share his practice, but it does work to a certain extent. I don't know if it's the gyroscopic affect of the front tire's rotation coming to a stop or what, but it does bring the front end down. Just like when you're throwin' big air on a MX bike; to bring the front end up, you gas it and to bring it down you pull the front brake. For me, engine braking is usually more than sufficient to bring the front end back down.

Just like Forest says...
i think the only way it would work would be if the wheel is heavy enough to, when the brake stopped it from turning, throw some momentum into the front of the bike:confused:
but that noob is retarded, not all of us are like that :p
and the eclipse guy...that just gave me a really funny mental image

·
Registered
526 Posts
rear brake and clutch

Humanzee said:

Just like Forest says...
In the air, to bring the front end down the best on a mx bike is to pull in the clutch and rear brake it. this will definately save your ass from coming over backwards

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
slick1537 said:
He probably just a noob who wanted to impress you because you are a female, cut the poor guy some slack. Women have the effect of making men say stupid things :p .
i know hes a noob but damn if you dont know what youre talking about then dont open your mouth b/c thats not the way to impress a girl....lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
noob post

I just completed the MSF course (whoo hoo). Although we were not shown the wheelie, the topic did come up. Basicly the instuctor mentioned that when the front wheel spins it does help with balance. The danger is when it spins much slower (or stops) and you bring it back down. Now the front tire has to regain its revs and that causes control problems.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: noob post

tyesco said:
The danger is when it spins much slower (or stops) and you bring it back down. Now the front tire has to regain its revs and that causes control problems.

If you ride the wheelie for any significant distance and/or your accelerating through the gears, the front tire will definately be spinning slower than the rear. This shouldn't cause any control issues though, as long as you land the front tire in line with the back. It makes a cool little chirp when it hits, kinda like an airplane touching down.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Re: Re: noob post

Humanzee said:
If you ride the wheelie for any significant distance and/or your accelerating through the gears, the front tire will definately be spinning slower than the rear. This shouldn't cause any control issues though, as long as you land the front tire in line with the back. It makes a cool little chirp when it hits, kinda like an airplane touching down.
I dig the chirp! If you see it from the side, there is also a small puff of smoke.

I used to think the same thing as tyesco, it makes sence in theory, but in practice I cant really tell the difference..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the fact is unless you just pull the bike up and then let it straight back down the front wheel IS going to be going slower than the back one. as vash said there arnt any control problems unless the wheel is turned or if the front wheel is out of line with the back one....congrats on finishing the course, how are your kids vash? lol:p

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
man WTF? why does everyone think I got kids? Do you people really think its a good idea for me to reproduce? Can the world handle more than one of me?

OT:
Ya know when you are looking for something that you only need one of? but most of the time you find yourself with none? and then one day you find yourself with two? How do you define that feeling?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok vash i know you dont have kids i just like bugging you cause some girl on a thread thought you were married and had kids....lol you with kids....thats funny.

And i really dont know what the hell you're talking about....:confused:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Bah, you're just jelous couse I wouldnt let you have my babies. :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea maybe the one im going to have is really yours!!! :eek: lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts